People Can Change

(Please pretend that We Are The In Crowd did not write The Best Thing (That Never Happened) in the is story!)

*8 months later*

It's been 8 months since that incident of Jack almost leaving but I had to fly back to Seattle for 8 months cause of some family bussiness and when I got back Milton told me that Jack has developed a crush on Kim,That Jack and Kim have almost kissed twice and they've went on a date already."So he's been acting like I don't even exist."I said with my voice cracking."Abbi,You honestly don't deserve Jack.You're so much better than him."Milton told me to try to comfort me."Thanks Milton,You're honestly my best friend ever."I said then hugged him.Once I pulled back I saw Jack walk into the dojo with Kim,He was about to kiss her until Milton cleared his throat.Jack looked at Milton then Milton stood up to reavle me to Jack.Jack looked beyond shocked,That's when I stood up and ripped the necklace that Jack gave me and threw it at him."Take that shit back!Give it to your NEW girlfriend and forget about your EX girlfriend!"I yelled at him then hurried out of the dojo breaking between Jack and Kim.

I ran home,quickly up to my room and locked my door then sat down on my floor with tears running down my face.I looked up to see the photos on my wall of me and Jack,Some of the photos was taken by the guys or even myself or Jack.I can't believe I almost spent one year with him,It was so close to our one year anniversery but of course he went behid my back and cheated on me.I stood up then my phone started to ring and I answered it without looking at the caller I.D."Abbi,I'm so sorry!"Jack said to me."Jack,Sorry isn't gonna fix this!I was only gone for 8 months!Could you not wait?!"I asked him."I was lonely!"He yelled."Jack you're such a dick!I cannot believe I ALMOST spent one year with you!Now listen up!Don't fucking speak to me anymore also tell Rudy I officially quit the dojo!"I yelled to him then hung up the phone.I slammed my phone down on my bed then grabbed my note book then started writing down some lyrics.

(Ow, ooh)

[Verse 1]

I let you get away with thinking you're the cure.

I think I'm in too deep, it's time to pull the cord.

You like me more when you think, I'm getting bored.

I hope you're home the day I tear down the walls.

[Chorus]

I won't settle, settle, settle, you are never gonna hold me down.

So toxic, you ain't nothin' but a prick.

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

Never, never, never, you are never gonna live this down.

Life's too short, I can't fake it anymore.

I'm the best thing that never happened to you.

(Ooh)

I was writing so hard that I almost started ripping through th paper.

[Verse 2]

Don't you get sick of only hearing your own voice?

Talk like you're so damn tough but you're just a little boy.

You like to think you've broke the mold but now I'm sure,

You'll crack just like the rest when I break your fucking jaw.

[Chorus]

I won't settle, settle, settle, you are never gonna hold me down.