Chapter Two

Everyone in the room is stunned, confused and impressed all at once. Dendera realizing her excitement is not shared by her confused counterparts decides to dial it back for the time being. "Ok, ok... I will calm myself. I apologize but, you must realize what this means." Dendera says looking around the room.

"Well I was hoping you could tell us just that." Oliver says as he holds out the chalice.

Dendera looks at it in disbelief, "Thousands of years and countless lives... To have the chalice in the same place as two natural born... this is by the will of prophecy alone." She says as she motions for Oliver to bring it closer.

Serah takes a step backward, "I won't touch that thing again!" She says seemingly scared of the relic.

Dendera looks at Oliver and Daylen, "Did she handle the chalice alone, what happened?" She questions.

Daylen steps forward, "Once... she had a violent reaction, it... it, well it caused her to see something and then turn into a vampire..."

Dendera looks at Oliver who nods his head in agreement, she then laughs again. "Oh child, is that what you believe happen?" She says looking at Serah.

"Well yeah... because it is." Serah replies looking at Daylen and Oliver like Dendera is crazy.

"Well, I can see how it seems that way... Please sit." Dendera motions for Serah to sit down, she looks around at Daylen and Oliver still standing confused. "Everyone, everyone please sit. There is much to explain if I am to make sense of things and I fear time is not on our side."

Daylen sits on a red velvet bench in the study next to Serah and Oliver sits in a chair next to Dendera. The ancient Egyptian's, vampire escort remains standing while Thaddeus walks over next to Dendera.

"Serah you are indeed a vampire, you will die if you go too long without feeding and prolonged exposure to the sunlight without feeding will eventually weaken you to a state of death. I am sure you have noticed that in the sun, while you do not burn to a crisp as popular culture would have you believe, you do however become fatigued and weakened yes?"

Serah nods in agreement.

"Good, well if you were exposed to sun for let's say... two days back to back without feeding you would become very weak indeed, if you continued with no blood for longer you would slip into a coma and eventually die. Do you understand this?" Dendera asks.

Serah nods in confusion, "Wait, ok... ok. So I am accepting the fact I have these... abilities, and that I need... blood." She shutters at the word, "But how can I be a vampire if I was never bitten? And the sun thing... I mean I thought I just had light sensitivity and migraines or something." Serah replies.

"No child, the sun was always your enemy even as a child, you did not have to feed because you were not mature yet." Dendera explains.

"What? This doesn't make sense." Serah exclaims.

"Patience child, all will become clear." Dendera continues, "Natural born vampires are not made, we are not bitten... we are born with the old curse, we are born vampires. This is why you sit before me one of us but without having been bitten."

"But why now? Why am I turning into this thing that needs blood now? Why not always?" Serah asks.

"Natural born vampires, other than the abilities and sensitivity to the sun, are quite normal until they reach full human maturity; it is then that they will become fully developed vampires with the need for blood... It is also then when you will stop aging." Dendera pauses allowing the last part to sink in.