13 | grand entrance

[chapter status: minor revisions. on june 23, 2019.]
[third person pov]

today's the day! sunmi and yeri's first day ay work! they were ecstatic to be able to step out of their comfort zones and be able to do some work, actual real work.

the two girls are currently getting ready in their shared room for their 5:00-9:30 pm shift.

"what if i put too much coffee, or ice? o-or what if i accidentally spill their drink?!" yeri quibbled while doing weird hand gestures. "if you're on your right mind, that's not gonna happen. idiot." sunmi sighs, fixing her hair and putting on a little lip tint.

the grind house didn't recquire any uniform except for an apron (which was provided by the cafe). so they were at liberty with their desired clothes. sunmi wore a simple over-sized graphic shirt, jeans and her. trusty ole' converse; while yeri opted for a crop top, jeans and a pair of flats.

‣‣‣

once arriving at the cafe, they noticed a small stage facing the customers. but they decided not to dwell on it too much because they needed to meet with their manager first.

"hi ms. grace!" sunmi and yeri chirped, eager to start their job.

"please, just call me grace, ms. grace sounds so formal" she smiles. "you both are familiar with the job, yes? after all, we discussed formalities a few days ago" the 2 nodded their heads in reply.

"your co-workers will be there to guide you on your first day. so good luck!"

"we'll do our best, grace!" sunmi replies, earning a genuine smile from grace.

"oh, before i forget, i take that you've noticed the little stage that we've set up? well every mondays, wednesdays, thursdays and saturdays a band will be performing an hour after your shifts; they're also regulars at this cafe, just a heads up." she declares.

‣‣‣

the two friends part ways to attend to their duties.

sunmi headed for the counter where a girl stood, tapping her hands against the marble tabletop.

"hey! you must be the new one!" the girl shook hands with sunmi. "yup that's me! i'm sunmi by the way." sunmi smiles, opting for a good first impression. "i'm jiyoung."

jiyoung was a little smaller than sunmi's height. she had a boy cut and had this
tomboy-ish aura the moment you look at her. though, not in a bad way.

"grace asked me to guide you through your first day. she's pretty chill isn't she?" jiyoung voiced. "yeah, she is. i didn't expect someone like her to be so kind; i thought she'd be the next spawn of ursula" the two of them laugh.

jiyoung and sunmi were getting along quickly.

my communication skills are cooperating today. sunmi thought.

on the other hand, yeri was accompanied by a guy named lucas. the two hit it off pretty quickly. yeri's rambles earlier with sunmi slowly diminished with her co-worker's (and old friend's) help.

" i can't believe you work here yukhei! it's been a while" yeri exclaims, hitting the boy's shoulder. "yah! ri, calm down woman! people might think you're a rabid animal!" the 6 footer snickers, remembering how loud his friend was and how comfortable they are with each other.

5:00 wasn't usually the busiest hour at the cafe so jiyoung and sunmi and yeri and lucas still had time to chit chat.

"has grace told you about the performers?" jiyoung asked. "mhm" sunmi replied fixing the tie on her apron.

"they're pretty damn cool if you ask me, their originals are a-ma-zing." jiyoung use hand gestures to emphasize her point. "jinjja?" sunmi queries, not yet fully believing the lass.

"YES! you don't believe me? they're really handsome too! alot of girls swoon over them as if they're multiple spawns of shawn mendes" jiyoung said, with eyes wide. "i'll believe it when i see it" sunmi said, smirking a little.

‣‣‣

sunmi was temporarily in charge of labeling the cups, getting food (and taking note on how to handle duties at the cash register) during which jiyoung took charge of getting orders.

"good afternoon! welcome to the grind house! may i take your order?" jiyoung chirped.

"i'll have one double chocolate brownie and an americano for here"

after a cycle of taking orders by jiyoung and sunmi and preparing orders by yeri and yukhei, sunmi felt the need to go to the bathroom. after fixing her hair and doing the needed, she headed for the counter. she noticed a group of boys occupying and setting up the stage with their backs turned against the four co-workers.

"you just missed the grand entrance of skiz" yeri jokes. "pfft, it's not like they're gods or something"

━ ━

hello hello! first, sorry for not updating, i've been planning the plot of this book recently and currently being hit with major pcd :(( second, part 2 of this is coming up soon! third, thank you guys fOR 300+ READS AND 100+ VOTES MWA!!

[edit: here's the person who plays as jiyoung:

YES! it's lee juyoung herself! uwu i love her so much >_< and i think she's the perfect actress for jiyoung's role!!]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  kris  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
(i changed it haha)