17 | stranger

[sunmi's pov]

i enter the 'grind house cafe' once again with my laptop in my hand; opting to get away from my room, which is looking more dull as the days pass by.

i wait in line, eager to get my order taken. once i reach the counter, the cashier was none other than jiyoung herself.

"oh, it's ms. i-dont-like-jisung again. anyway, what's your order?" jiyoung smirked, shoving her hair out of the way.

i glare at her before reciting my order. "that's all, youngji."

"that'll be 5000 won, misun."

‣‣‣

i look around the cafe to try and spot an empty table. everyone was occupying one.

well, shit.

i wait until i get my order, hoping someone would leave and clear out a table. i walk over to the counter, placing my laptop down.

"sunmi? is that you?"

"oh hi lucas!..why does it seem like i'm not the only one at work?" we both let out a small laugh. to share a fact, it's an unspoken rule among everyone that yeri is the only one who can call lucas yukhei; it's just how stuff works around here.

"how's yeri doing?" he said, scratching the back of his neck. i gave him a knowing look. "oh she's doing great, she misses you already." i smirk.

"wah, jinjja?!" lucas said, his eyes nearly bulging out of its sockets. "kidding, she misses all of us, monkey." lucas easily swats a towel at me, causing my face to scrunch.

"whatever, here's your drink. and good luck trying to find a table." now it was his turn to smirk.

i turn around and sip on my drink. all the tables were still occupied— it's either i stand up for the rest of the day or try to share a table with that girl who occupied one four-seater table by herself.

with my laptop and drink in hand, i walk towards the girl, determined not to stand and suffer.

"excuse me, may i sit here? there aren't any vacant tables left and i figured no one else was gonna sit here." i so kindly ask the girl, who was also around the same age as me.

"uh sure whatever." she muttered, not even soaring a glance in my direction. i reply with a quick thanks before sitting down and turning my laptop on.

since yeri wouldn't be living with me anymore, my parents suggested i try to rearrange my room into my own living space.

and needless to say, i was happy; maybe they're finally accepting the idea of me going for interior designing.

so here i am, looking for different design options and inspirations over the web.

‣‣‣

it was quite awkward, sharing a table with a complete stranger, but i can (somehow) bare with it.

why are there so much people today, i thought.

i fixed my jumper and put my glasses on top of my head, getting a slight headache with all the searching i've been doing today.