16 | answers

6  W E E K S  L A T E R
[third person pov]

it's been more than a month since jisung and sunmi met, and the two have relatively gotten very close with each other.

close to the extent that some people start to think that they're together.

"for the last time, lee jiyoung and wong lucas we're just friends!" sunmi said, sitting on a stool and fixing her hair. it was a love-hate relationship between the pair, but everyone knew they were an inseparable one.

it was another busy day at the cafe, but the three still squeezed in enough time to occasionally tease sunmi.

"oh look it's jisung!"

"WHERE?" the girl exclaimed, getting giddy.

if she was only clever enough to realize it was a joke.

jiyoung and lucas laughed while sunmi went back, slumping on her chair.

"guys, it's not funny. and lucas, the water's spilling already." sunmi said, pointing out the boy's lack of focus in work lately.

"remind me again while grace still keeps him?" jiyoung said.

"maybe he just misses someone."  sunmi teased, extending the last word.

‣‣‣

"thanks jaehyun-oppa." yeri said, putting her bag aside and removing her shoes.

the pink-haired boy grinned. "no problem, little sis."

when sunmi and jisung kept each other company at the beach, yeri settled with going to yukhei's apartment rather than spending another day at home, watching netflix all day long.

yeri knew that yukhei lived with six other boys, who she was all familiar with all except one.

and that was jung jaehyun.

she enjoyed her stay at yukhei's, of course. she got to catch up with all her acquaintances, most especially yukhei. she got to know who this 'jaehyun' was who looked remarkably looked a lot like her. they instantly went off well, even leading to meeting outside the walls of yukhei's shared apartment.

a few weeks have passed but it felt like they've known each other for years; it wasn't anything romantic, really. they had a good platonic relationship.

just like brothers and sisters.

the two shared stories about each others' life. and oddly enough, their stories fit each other like two missing puzzle pieces.

it didn't take long before the pair realized over a cup of coffee and a couple of tears later that they were indeed blood-related, and the dna test proved that.

everyone was speechless. sunmi, jaesuk, hana and even minji felt incredibly happy for sunmi's best friend whom they've treated like their own daughter.

‣‣‣

"you look so much like your mom, yeri." her father said, cupping his daughter's tear-stained face in his hands.

yeri couldn't utter a single word. she couldn't believe that she was now with her own family.

but she also had loads of questions that needed to be answered.

and that's why the three of them were seated in a table, eager to find answers and to get to know each other more.

yeri decided to start. "dad, why did you leave?" she stared at her father square in the eyes, yearning for the answer.

jaehyun and her father looked at each other, sadness filling their eyes.

"a week after your mom gave birth to you, she left; and she took you with her. she left without a single word. it was only later that we found out that she went to seoul and lived with her siblings there." her father said, reminiscing the painful memories of their past.

"b-but how come i never had any memories with mom?" yeri said, confused.

"she died in an accident a few days after, yeri-ah. she was going crazy." jaehyun said, looking up from his slouched position.

by now, yeri was shedding a few tears. and yeri never once cried over this matter. she always kept her emotions hidden from everyone except sunmi.

she thought her mom would be someone she could bond with, share crushes and girl talk with. someone who would endlessly nag her fashion choices.

but instead the mom she envisioned was far from the mom she had.

her mom was the complete opposite.

to put it harshly, her mom broke her family. her mom ruined her childhood.

she had to live for a year with relatives who made her feel like a burden.

but now, maybe, just maybe, she could build a new relationship with the people in front of her, whom she would be calling family for the rest of her life.

━ ━

oof sudden drama right there. we're getting to the climax now, brace urselfs 🤠🤠

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  kris  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧