18 | emergency calls

[third person pov]

"okay fine! it's you kim sunmi! there i said it! fuck!" he said.

"but i'm your bestfr- wHAT?"

"you are so oblivious." seungmin muttered, rubbing his temples.

a whirlwind of emotions hit sunmi. how did she manage to be incognizant all the time?

all the hints jisung gave.

the closeness they had.

the connection they had always shared.

the unfamiliar feeling she always felt.

she remained unkowing even of the feelings she had for him; and he feelings he had for her.

"wow i'm-"

right before she could complete her sentence her phone rang.

"geez. hold on a sec." she put her phone against her ear, looking embarassed.

"s-sunmi..."

"yes mom? do you need anything?"

"no, no. i-it's your aunt. minji. s-she's been hospitalized, sunmi. she's been hospitalized!"

"WHAT?! what happened?"

she quickly rose from her chair, the metal scraping on the concrete. "i'm sorry guys i need to go. it's an emergency." she grabbed her things, ran as fast as she could to the sidewalk and hailed a taxi, or at least trying to.

jisung caught up with her, panting. "calm down sunmi, i'll get you a taxi. just carry on talking to your mom." he gave her a small smile and she offered him a thankful demeanor.

"w-what did the doctors say?"

"they can't release any information unless we're there."

"but aren't you guys doctors? i'm sure they can issue out something."

"it's a different hospital sunmi. your father and i can't do anything."

"dammit. i'll meet you there mom. just please text me the address."

hurriedly, she got into the taxi. "thank you jisung, really. we'll talk whenever i get the chance to."

"just stay safe."

‣‣‣

sunmi rushed out of the taxi, towards the hospital doors. "hi, where is song minji's room located?" she asked the front desk nurse whilst tapping her foot.

"she's still in the emergency section miss."

she offered a quick thanks before sprinting towards the location.

"sunmi!"

she turned her head towards the direction of the voice. "mom! hey, where's aunt?"