Chapter 17

"Come in..." Kirishima called after hearing a knock on his door. He didn't immediately turn to see who it was though, too busy struggling through ideas for new signature moves to really care. He stuck the end of his pencil in his mouth, chewing on it as he attempted to focus.

"I brought the shit you left at my place."

Eijiro's sharp teeth snapped through the wood easily as he whipped around, shocked to see Bakugo standing awkwardly in his doorway with a large, neatly packed box.

"Ah? Are you trying to choke to death?" Katsuki snapped, stomping over and holding his hand out beneath the redhead's chin. "Well? Fucking spit it out already shitty-hair."

Kirishima did as he was told, using his tongue to push the part he'd bitten off onto Bakugo's waiting palm since he couldn't get it to form words. His whole mouth had gone completely dry, eyes burning as he tried to control the urge to cry. "Uh... set it anywhere..." he finally mumbled, turning back in his chair to continue writing.

The blonde threw away the chewed eraser and set down the box in Eijiro's closet, covertly taking a deep breath in through his nose so that he could suck in his now ex-lovers sweet scent. The tension in the air was thick, the room far too quiet to be Kirishima's. Bakugo wasn't sure he'd ever been around the boy before without getting an overly-friendly greeting.

He glanced around the room, seeing it for the first time since he'd refused to go along with the dorm contest. The blonde felt his heart thump erratically in his chest, eyes searching for any of the things he'd given Eijiro or 'accidentally left' at his place, but there were none.

"Is there something else?" Kirishima asked quietly, refusing to look back at the explosive teen.

Katsuki felt his ears burn slightly in embarrassment, his voice coming out gruff. "Just double checking you don't still have any of my stuff..."

The redhead's shoulders seemed to slouch a little farther, his writing becoming darker as he pressed his pencil too hard against the paper. "You told me to throw it out."

Bakugo 'tsked', but it was weak and breathy. He hadn't actually believed that Eijiro would do it... much less within a day of being broken up with. The redhead was sentimental and mushy to his very core; it didn't make sense for him to have moved on that quickly.

"Right," Bakugo grunted, doing his best not to fidget.

A few more long, tense minutes stretched between them as Kirishima continued to sloppily write half-assed move ideas while Bakugo stared at his back. Eventually, though, the redhead huffed and threw his broken pencil down, twisting in his chair to glare back at his ex.

"I'm trying to do work, Bakugo. What do you want?" He snapped.

The blonde's awkwardness immediately shifted to anger, his hands clenching as they began smoking. "What did you just call me?" he hissed, narrowing his eyes. He stomped up to the boy's chair and grabbed his collar, yanking him to his feet.

"I called you by your name, Ba-ku-go," Kirishima stated, glaring back just as hard. He knew that using the boy's last name would get to him; he hadn't done that in private since before they started dating.

"Eijiro..." Katsuki growled lowly, dragging him closer so that he could get right in his face. He didn't need to say anything else, the smug look Kirishima was giving him said it all. His hands crackled ominously near the boy's throat, showing just how much their minimal conversation had gotten to him.

The redhead scoffed half-heartedly, using his own hardened hands to pry Bakugo off of him before shoving him away. "Just leave."

"Listen you shitty-haired—"