Chapter 11

Todoroki snuck back into the now darkened bunk room, making his way to his futon. His insides were twisting painfully but also felt at ease. It was a paradox he couldn't even begin to fathom at the moment, but if he had to guess, it stemmed from deciding to give up Izuku so that the teen could have the future he'd always wanted.

He felt the fuzz on his neck stand up and glanced around to see Bakugo's ruby eyes glaring at him expectantly from his own bed. He felt his jaw tighten and lowered his head slightly, hating that the class bully of all people knew about his feelings for the mossy-haired teen.

Bakugo, however, rolled his eyes and huffed in irritation before throwing his covers off and getting up. As he passed Todoroki, he shoved his shoulder hard, knocking the taller teen out of his way as he stomped off down the hall. Shoto wondered if he should follow after him, since it appeared he was heading in the same way he'd just come from but decided against it, he didn't think he could face Midoriya again just yet.

Midoriya was still standing where Todoroki had left him, his statement about their relationship replaying in his mind like a terrible soundtrack. It grated his insides and left him feeling hollow and defeated, but even worse, he couldn't bring himself to argue. If that's really what Shoto wanted, then he figured he couldn't push him into something he wasn't ready for.

Still, tears poured from his eyes that he didn't bother to wipe away, his hands still trembling at his sides. He could hear someone coming and prayed that it was Todoroki, but of course, he'd never had that much luck.

"Hey, nerd...." The newcomer said, and Midoriya knew immediately who'd come outside. The usually harsh voice sounded softer though, almost sad.

Izuku hiccupped and wrapped his arms around himself, hunching down to make himself seem smaller and less like a target. The last thing he needed right then was Bakugo breaking him down even farther than he already was.

"Deku... I don't know what happened between you and fucking icy-hot, but get your shit together and look at me, damn it!" Bakugo hissed, giving the teens shoulder a small squeeze. The sensation was almost comforting, and that made Midoriya more nervous than anything else. Katsuki was never gentle, never kind... whatever was happening wasn't normal.

"What do you want Kacchan..." he whimpered, wishing his voice sounded stronger. But he still didn't turn around; he couldn't bring himself to face his ex-best friend and current bully.

"Grrr... Damn it!" Bakugo growled, forcing Midoriya around and then pausing. It seemed like an eternity passed, but he expelled all the air from his lungs and then pulled the green haired boy into a tight hug, deciding that it was now or never.

Katsuki could feel the teen tensing and freezing beneath his touch, but he held on. "Deku... damn it... just fucking calm down already... tell me what happened..."

When the boy didn't do anything he finally pushed him back, keeping his grip firm on his shoulders, examining the teen's shock and confusion filled face. He couldn't blame him, after all, Izuku had been the target of all of his rage for years and receiving a hug was probably the last thing he'd expected.

"Look, if you're not going to talk then I am. I... Fuck... Damn, shit, stupid fucking shitty hair... Alright. Fuck." Bakugo grunted, his face paling in the moonlight. The stumbling string of cusswords got Midoriya's attention though, and his big green eyes looked up in concern and curiosity.

Bakugo sighed and gazed at the night sky, wishing that he had more of a resistance to Kirishima's influence. "Do you remember when I stopped being your friend, Deku?" he asked, resigning himself to confessing the truth.

Midoriya tilted his head and sniffed. "Of course I remember, I'd just gotten out of the hospital and you said that you'd blown me away for being quirkless..."