Part 75

WANDA

I watch as Shuri meticulously operates on Vision. She silent as she works around the stone. It only takes about fifteen minutes before she's taken out the stone.
'Make sure we get an introduction.' Tony says to Shuri, 'I want to know you.'
'I want to know you too. I will make sure we meet. You have my word.' She replies. She takes a moment to check on Vision, then turns to me.
'Are you ready?' She asks. I nod.
'Are you sure?' I look up at Tony. Doing this will end his universe.
'Do it.' He says. He stands a while back, arms crossed.
I throw the stone up in the air and aim all my energy at it. Everything I have. It pushes back, fights me. I find myself screaming, pain echoing within my body. The stone starts to split.
I look to Tony. He looks alert, his eyes wide. He's scared. But he looks at me, nods.
I throw everything I have into the last push. The stone cracks, the noise screaming in my head. And then it falls to the floor, two halves. A dull grey colour.
I fall to my knees, out of breathe. Vision still lies, unconscious, but Shuri rushes over to check I'm okay.
'I'm fine.' I say, 'I'm okay.'
I look up and see Tony staring at his hands.
'Tony?' I ask, confused.
'Tony, what's happening?' Shuri asks, moving from me to him.
'It's okay.' He says, 'it worked. It's okay.'
His hand starts to disappear, turning to dust. He stumbles forward. He looks to Shuri and smiles slightly, before collapsing onto the floor and turning into nothing but a small pile of dust.
Shuri and I stay silent. She kneels beside where he fell. She stays quiet, but brings her hands up to her eyes. She begins silently sobbing. He's gone. It's worked.