Bucky X Reader {Drafted}

40s!Bucky X Female!Reader
Drafted
Song: Glitter and Gold by Barns Courtney

Your POV
Today was the day. The day that the love of my life, Bucky, left for the army. I was going to miss him so much. Sure he had no idea I loved him so much, but he's still my best friend. Him and Steve meant the world to me. I looked into our small living room to see Bucky's bag all packed. I sighed and pulled my h/l h/c hair into a pony tail, waiting for Steve and Bucky to get back. I heard the front door open and peaked around to see Steve and Bucky. Bucky wore his army outfit while Steve wore his raggedy clothes. Bucky looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey Doll. How about me and you go spend the rest of the night together." Bucky said. I smiled and nodded. He grabbed my hand and Steve winked at me. I rolled my eyes and me and Bucky walked down the sidewalk of New York, towards our local park.

"They're holding a fireworks show here tonight. I thought maybe you and I could get something to eat then go watch them. If you want to of course." Bucky said. I smiled and nodded.

"I would love to, Bucky." I said. He smiled and nodded. We walked into our favorite bar on the corner. We sat towards the back and Bucky bought us some drinks.

"Hey. I got a question." He said, taking a sip of his drink. I nodded, taking a sip of mine.

"Can you promise me you'll take care of Steve for me? Keep him out of trouble?" Bucky asked. I smiled.

"As long as you promise me to come back in one piece." I said, smiling. He chuckled and nodded, sticking his pinky up in the air.

"It's a promise, Doll." He said. I smiled and pinky swore with him.

"Do you want anything to eat?" He asked. I shrugged and looked down at my drink.

"We're kinda short on cash so I'm fine." I said, smiling. He shook his head.

"Dollface, it's my last night. Let's enjoy it, ok?" He said. I sighed but nodded. The waiter came over and Bucky ordered a cheeseburger while I ordered cream of tomato soup. It was my favorite. The waiter left and I looked over at Bucky. He smiled at me and I smiled.

"I'm gonna miss you while you're gone." I said. He nodded. He grabbed my hand and kissed it. I blushed and smiled.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot more, Dollface." He said. I rolled my eyes and smiled. He let go of my hand and winked.

"You're such a flirt, Barnes." I said. He smiled.

"Only with you, darling." He said winking. I blushed and giggled. Our food came and we ate. We talked about the future and how after the war, he wants to move to a two story house. I smiled, watching him talk. I could sit here and listen to his husky voice for hours. It was almost addictive.

"Y/N? You ok?" Bucky asked, moving his hand in front of my face. My eyes widened, realizing I was in a daze staring at his lips.

"Oh uh yeah. Sorry I spaced out." I said, pushing a piece of my hair behind my ear. He smiled, leaning on the table.

"You know, darling, if you wanna kiss my lips, all you have to do is ask." He purred. I blushed and smiled, leaning towards him.

"I might have to take you up on that offer, James." I purred right back. He smiled and a hint of pink dashed across his cheeks. He grabbed my chin and we both began to move towards each other.

"Would you two like anything else!?" Our waiter asked. I jumped, pulling away from Bucky. I rubbed my arm nervously and looked away from Bucky.

"No thanks. Just the bill." Bucky said through gritted teeth. The waiter walked away and I looked back over at Bucky, my face bright red. Bucky looked back over at me and began to laugh. I blushed more and he grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.