Chapter Seven

A/N: Few quick things. 

 #1: CONGRATULATIONS to Shane (Youtuber of the Year?!?! HOLY CRAP I'M SO PROUD OF HIM) AND Ryland (I cannot think of anybody who deserved Vlogger of the Year more than him like his videos make me SO HAPPY) on their Shorty Awards!! 

#2: If you don't like talk of abuse or alcoholism, this chapter might be something you want to steer clear of. It's very informative of where the entire story goes, but I understand if you feel like it's something you can't read. 

#3: This Chapter means a lot to me. It's originally something I was going to add in later, but it's a current situation I'm dealing with, to an extent, so this chapter is basically everything I feel on paper...and then some.

Anyway, onto the story, and hope y'all enjoy :) 

Buzz.

Ryland rolled over in bed, squinting at the time on his bedside clock. It was one-thirty in the morning, a solid five hours before he had to wake up for school, and he couldn't fathom who was texting him. He had already spoken to Drew at nine o'clock the night before, and everyone else he knew was asleep. But, as he reached to grab his phone, a name crossed his mind – the very same name that lit up his phone screen.

shanedawson: Can I come over?

rylandadams: it's one-thirty in the morning.

shanedawson: There's a lot on my mind.

rylandadams: call Garrett.

shanedawson: Ry...

rylandadams: ...fine.

He didn't know why he had agreed. His mind was still foggy from the day before, watching as Shane downed shot after shot before letting the secret slip from his mouth. Ryland was sure Shane probably hadn't wanted him to know, just as he didn't necessarily want to tell Shane his secret. They hadn't really talked about their demons, only sitting in silence until the alcohol wore off and they left to pick up Morgan.

Ryland threw his legs over the side of the bed and climbed out, tiptoeing toward the door before descending down the long staircase. He knew if he woke his parents, questions would be asked, and he couldn't explain why he was sneaking Shane Dawson into his house in the middle of the night. Quietly, he slipped his shoes on and exited out the front door, sitting on his porch until he saw Shane pull into the driveway.

When the auburn-haired boy climbed out of his car, Ryland could tell he hadn't yet slept, his eyes filled with sleep and his eyelids falling with every step he took. For a moment, he looked like any other boy, but Ryland knew Shane wasn't like anybody else he had ever come across. He was different, and Ryland hadn't figured out if it was in a good or a bad way yet.

"Why are you here?"

Shane sighed, "I needed to talk to you about something."

"This couldn't wait until the morning?"

"What were you talking about when we were in the car yesterday?"

Ryland's heart skipped a beat, "What do you mean?"

"When you—" Shane ran a hand over his face. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since yesterday morning, and oh my God, Ryland, you have to—"

"You remember me telling you?" Shane's face said everything he needed to know. "Shit, okay, um, let's go inside, we can go upstairs to my room." He silently opened the door and stepped inside, Shane on his heels as he kicked off his shoes. "Shh, my parents are asleep."