New day, new life

Please read before reading this story

hi. I am American and am only 18 and have never had a proper English class to actually teach me how to write so what I write is purely knowledge based off how I read: writing style, word choice, etc. I do my best. I apologize in advance for any mistakes or grammar issues or punctuation problems. This story takes place a few years into the future. No, there's not flying cars or anything spectacular, but there are two gangs that rule the US and that's all we really get into. Characters, such as Harry Styles and Niall Horan are played as themselves. Ireland, is played by Francesca Capaldi. In real life she's younger (14) but in the story she's portrayed as a young adult (17), so pictures of her look to be very young - because she is - so just don't pay attention to that. In the story she's 17. Please understand that she has grown up sheltered due to certain circumstances so don't comment saying "how does she not know what that is?!?! Everyone know's what —— is!1!1" or "why does she talk/think/act like that?" Please.

Anyway, I really hope you guys enjoy this story, I've had the plot in my head for months and have been working hard before publishing.

I won't make any promises on updates but I will do my best. The more votes and comments I get the more motivation I get to write. Thanks in advance.

Enjoy xx

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head silently. I roll over and pick up my phone from my bedside table and read the time, 7:38. I quickly throw the covers off of my body and throw my legs over the edge of my bed and stand. I rush around my room grabbing everything I would need for a shower, underwear, socks, bra, jeans, shirt, and shoes. I exit my room and hastily walk down the hall and open the bathroom door. I flip on the light and toss my clothes onto the counter. I turn on the shower and make sure the water is warm enough before I quickly slide out of my sports bra and shorts. Pulling back the curtain, I step into the shower and let the hot water soak my long, curly red hair.

In the world we live in today, I'm a target in the eyes of the the Eagles. Since I live in the West side, the Warriors do what they can to protect their citizens, yet it's not always peaceful. Whereas on the East side, I'm the most 'desirable' due to my hair and eye color. That's how they view women nowadays, they only care about the hair and eye color, and sometimes body type. They want us, but not for the old American dream, the new, revised one. They want us for their dirty work, and some, actually a vast majority, for sex work. It's a disgusting world we live in today. Mother barely lets me leave the house anymore since I've gotten older, and I don't blame her, I understand, especially since my father died.

I sigh as I wash the conditioner out of my hair and finish washing my body. When I'm all rinsed off I turn the water off and ring out my hair. I quickly slip on my clothes and put some product in my hair to help it keep its curl. I run back into my room to quickly grab my book bag and phone. Checking the time I see I have enough time to eat breakfast before school.

After walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, I drop my book bag by the table. I walk over to the fridge and grab the carton of eggs and jug of milk, and set the items on the counter. As I'm pulling out a pan out from under the stove I turn on the heat. I grab a plate, a bowl, two forks, and a glass. I pull out the olive oil and spices from the pantry and get ready to make my famous eggs. I put milk and two eggs in the bowl and mix them up with one fork, and then pour a dab of olive oil in the pan and then dump the eggs. I pour myself a glass of milk and then season the eggs with pepper, Himalayan salt, and garlic pepper. Once the eggs are fried I scoop them out onto the plate and sprinkle them with cheese and add on some hot sauce.

I turn off the stove and put the dishes in the sink and clean up my mess before I scarf down my breakfast.

"Ireland? Sweetheart is that you?" My mom hollers from the stairs.

"Yeah, mom, it's me."

I grab my bag and place my plate in the sink to wash after school.

"Heading out already?"

"Yeah, I had enough time to make breakfast but I've got to get going," I tell her softly knowing the idea of me leaving the house always puts her on edge.

"Okay, my love. Please be safe. I love you." I smile and she gives me a soft one back.

"I love you too, momma. I'll be back before you know it."

"I know, lovely. I work second today so I'll be home late." I nod and blow her a kiss and she returns the gesture. I open the front door and slip out, locking it behind me. I trot down the front porch and make my way down the drive and towards the sidewalk. I begin walking down the hill towards the school. I pull my phone out of my pocket and stop to pull my head phones from my bag. My heart drops as an all blacked out Audi with tinted windows slowly drives by, no one in this neighborhood owned a car that nice. I look into the passenger window but can't see anything due to its tint. I quickly grab my headphones and start walking again. I decide against listening to music and shove my headphones and phone into my bag. I pick up my pace as I begin to breathe through my mouth to catch my breath. Tires squeal behind me and I look behind me to see two boys running my way. In an instant I take off on foot. My heart pounds against my chest as I hear screaming and a car accelerating behind me.

"Fucking get her!" A man yells

No. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. I hear a gun shot behind me and freeze as someone commands me to stop. I do so and tears begin to fall from my light green eyes.

"Stay still and I won't shoot." I nod still facing the other way as I begin to shake. I look back to see the man lower his gun and then place it in his waistband. I drop my backpack as it's only adding extra weight and take a breath before I being running back towards my school.

"Fuck!" Is all I hear before tires squeal and there's more screaming. I'm sobbing as I run towards my high school hoping to outrun these creeps. As I get closer to the school I take the alley to my right and hide behind a dumpster needing to get out of their sights and to catch my breath. I calm my sobbing and hold a hand over my mouth as I catch my breath.

What the hell is happening?

"Where is she?"

"She came down this alley."

"Little girl can run."

I squint my eyes shut and hold my breath as I hear footsteps approaching. I open my eyes to see a shadow getting closer and closer. A pair of black boots come into my vision and I slowly look up and make eye contact with a brown haired man covered in tattoos and piercings.

"Hello, darling." He lunges forward as I begin to scream. He grabs me and I thrash in his hold.

"Help! Help me! Help!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Shut her up for fucks sake!" Someone yells at the man that I'm kicking and scratching at. A damp cloth is held over my mouth as I continue to scream. I take a deep breath due to my screaming and begin to cough before everything becomes staticky and I lose consciousness.