Three days later

"Ireland," Liam whispers to me. My eyes snap open and I sit up quickly. "He's waking up." I stand and let the blanket that was wrapped around me fall on the uncomfortable couch. I take a few quick steps until I'm next to Harry's bed. I slowly reach my hand out and grab ahold of his. A low hum comes from the precious bad boy laying in front of me.

"Hi, baby," Harry whispers out as he squeezes my hand. His eyes flutter open and a small gasp leaves my lips and I smile widely with tears in my eyes. He smiles at me and I lean down and place a kiss on his lips.

"Oh, Harry. I'm so glad you're awake. We were all so worried about you."

"How long was I out?" He asks.

"Three days, mate," Liam chimes in. Harry nods and looks around at all the familiar faces, being me, Niall and Liam.

"So good to see you guys. How have things been?" Harry asks.

"No chaos, no more shootings that we know of, nothing suspicious, no robberies, nothing. It's been quiet," Liam tells Harry. He nods and looks at me before asking the lads to give us a moment alone. Once the door is closed Harry looks at me and takes both of my hands in his.

"Thank you, Ireland."

"You don't need to thank me, baby. No need to at all."

"You saved my life, Red. I think you deserve at least a thank you."

"Well Dr. Bowman saved your life but I did kill the guy who shot you so you are welcome." He laughs and then groans placing his hand over his chest.

"Ow," he says softly. "I'm going to have a nasty scar."

"I was able to see the incision when the nurse changed you bandage last night, it looks good. It'll leave a scar no doubt but it won't be ugly. I think it'll be pretty badass if you ask me." He chuckles softly before bringing my hand to his lips to leave a kiss on my knuckles.

"I love you, Ireland. I remember," he starts. "I remember laying there, bleeding in your arms just thinking, 'wow, I'm going to die in her arms and I haven't even told her I love her yet' so I said it, and I don't regret it. I meant it then and I mean it now. I love you."

"I-"

"You don't have to say it back," he says cutting me off. "If you're not ready I understand. I just wanted to let you know that I love you."

"I love you too, Harry." He smiles at me and gives me a soft nod. I give him a smile and lean down to connect our lips in a sweet kiss.

"Okay, Harry. All your labs look great, incision is healing nicely, I think it's about time you bust this joint," Dr. Bowman says happily. Harry smiles and throws the blankets off of him as he tries to get out of bed.

"Hold your horses there, babe," I say throwing my arms out so he can't go any further.

"I am ready to get out of here, Red. Let me go or I'll tickle you," Harry threatens jokingly.

"Okay, Mr. scary pants," I joke as I relax my arms back at my sides. Kiara finishes telling me all about his home care that will need to be done to keep him safe and healthy and not running the risk of coming back here.

"Did you hear that, Harry? No training until Dr. Bowman clears you," I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Yes, mother," he jokes and gives me a soft smile. Harry signs the papers Kiara gave him and he hands them back to her.

"Thank you, Kiara. I appreciate it, everything you do for me and us."

"No problem, Harry. Now stay out of my hospital, okay?" Dr. Bowman say and Harrys smiles. They shake hands before she leaves the room, closing the door behind her. I grab Harry's fresh set of clothes that Liam brought from the bedside table and lay them at the foot of the bed.