Chapter 12

----- Flagship Arthra, Meeting Room -----

The humming of the Arthra's engine and air circulation unit were the only sounds to fill the room. Nanoha and Yuuno stood with their face downcast, nervous like a deer in headlights as. Novena however looks at the captain with a very serious look with his eyes in the color yellow. What made everyone slightly nervous was the fact that Novena has yet to deactivate his R-9C attire and that his trigger finger is very itchy. Nevertheless, Lindy addresses them with a lecture.

Lindy: Following all instructions and orders is a necessary rule to protect an organization, not just individuals. Selfish decisions and actions may have put not only you, but everyone else around you in danger as well. You understand that, right?

Nanoha: Yes, ma'am...

Lindy: As for you Novena. I am most lost in words by the fact you are able to disrupt space and time intentionally like that. Do you not remember the consequence that I've explained a week ago?!

Novena cracks his fist while gritting his teeth, eyes changing into the color red. Lindy also had to remember that Novena doesn't obey her orders and that he doesn't speak. The fact that he could charge his weapon at any time and deal potential heavy damage while inside the ship is one major concern as she doesn't want to provoke Novena into becoming an enemy they wish then didn't want to make in the first place.

Lindy: Normally I would put a very heavy punishment on you. But as a result of what you did, we have gained a little as well. So, for this one time, I will let it pass by.

Both Yuuno and Nanoha are surprised that the captain was willing to let it slide off even if it's just once.

Lindy: However... There will be no next time. In Novena's case however... Nanoha-san, I want you to make sure he behaves though it worries me should he ever turn his weapons on us. We don't want that to happen now, right.

Nanoha and Yuuno shake their heads.

Lindy: Then you understood, yes?

Nanoha: Yes ma'am.

Yuuno: We're very sorry.

Both Nanoha and Yuuno bow except for Novena, who still keeps his eyes trained on the captain. Lindy noticed this and she had a good idea for his hostility towards her and everyone under her command. Thinking of countermeasures against someone who can put even Chrono into quite the trouble is something impossible to do due to his speed, accuracy and power. Regardless, she resumes what she was about to say.

Lindy: Now, the problem is what goes on from here. Chrono, do you have any ideas on the cause of all this?

Chrono: Yes. Amy, bring it up on the monitors!

 Amy, bring it up on the monitors!

Amy: Gotcha!

The monitor appears on the long table, showing the image of the woman, Precia Testarossa.