Chapter 12: Some Assembly Required

Needless to say, I was shaken up from the prophecy. "Beware the ally who turns to enemy". Who could it be?

As I was walking to Chiron to tell him about the Oracle's words, I heard someone call my name.

"Hey Nikolas!" I turned to see Tyler, running towards me.

"Oh, hey Tyler." I responded. "Did you need something?"

"I just... I just wanted to apologize for how I acted after your claiming. It was unfair for me to avoid you just because of your dad."

I was speechless. I didn't have much experience with people. And the few times I did... Well, it never ended well. I've never heard someone actually apologize to me before.

"Umm... It's fine. Everything's cool." I said.

He smiled. "Cool. I'll find a way to make it up to you."

I then thought back to the prophecy. With three allies to the one possessed. A smile spread across my face. "I'll take you up on that. Follow me." I continued walking to Chiron, with him tagging along.

. . .

"Are you sure that's what she said?" Chiron asked. After telling him and Tyler the prophecy, they were quiet for a while.

"Usually, a quest is supposed to have only three members..." Tyler said.

"But this isn't a normal quest, is it?" I asked. Chiron nodded.

"Ever since you've arrived, Nikolas, things have been a bit... different. The satyrs feel it: Magic. Old magic. The way you came to this world; You said it was a tunnel... With a triangle symbol?" Chiron asked. I nodded. Tyler gasped.

"The Labyrinth!" He exclaimed. "But I thought it was destroyed?" Chiron shook his head.

"Most of the Labyrinth collapsed after Daedalus died. But some parts lingered on. Especially now, with the Doors of Death still open. Who knows what else could escape from it?" Something then occurred to me. Something Hecate said... Other worlds....

"But we're waisting time trying to figure this out right now." Tyler said. "We can figure it out when we get back. Right Nik?" He said as he pat my shoulder. I flinched, still not used to much human contact.

"Right." I said. We walked out of the Big House. But it was still bothering me. Was Hecate hinting at something? Was there others like me; Split between two world? If I get back, no, WHEN I get back, I'll look into it more.

"We should talk about this at the camp fire tonight. To see what the other campers think of it." Chiron said.

. . .

At the camp fire, everyone was gathered together, just like the night before. Only there wasn't any singing. It was quiet, with only the crackling of the fire and the crickets chirping.

"Alright" said Chiron. "As I'm sure you have been told, there is going to be a quest. There is going to be four members. Nikolas and Tyler are already going, so we need two more. Any takers?"

It stayed quiet for a bit, then I heard two voices in unison, "I'll go". I looked around, and saw that it was Alissa and Abigail who volunteered. Everyone else looked relieved.

"Alright" said Chiron. "We have our members. In the morning, Argus will drive you as far west as possible, so you can get to Los Angeles safely. For now, get some rest."

And after that, everyone started leaving the camp fire. I went up to Abbey and Alissa.

"You didn't have to volunteer" I said. Abbey looked at me as if I turned bright purple. "Of course I did." She said. "You don't have a clue about where you are, and Tyler will get you killed faster than you can say 'hug a minotaur'."

Alissa shrugged. "She has a point. And, no offense, but nobody else seemed to want to be anywhere near you. You kind of makes them nervous." I looked at her weird.

"Dont make that face" she said. "You know it's true."

"Then, why did you decide to come?" I asked. She looked down.

"Well, our parents are kinda close, Hecate and Hades." Her cheeks started to turn red. "So, I figured that we might get along well..."

I could feel my face turn warm. Crap. What's wrong with me?

"Oh, uhh... That makes sense..." What do I say? I feel like an idiot. Luckily, Tyler came to my rescue.

"I hate to break up the date" he said, "but we need to get back to our cabins, before we get in trouble, or worse, eaten, for staying out after curfew."

I was about to ask what he meant, but I just went with it, and walked back to Cabin 13. At the end of this quest, I'll finally have what I've wanted since my mother's death:

Revenge.

Hi everyone. I want to say that I'm sooooo sorry for being gone for so long. I've lost interest for a while, but now I'm back and ready to write! I'm working on two other stories, both PJO crossovers, and I might, possibly, have a big crossover story of the three stories. Thanks for reading :3