Chapter 13: The Quest Begins

The next day, Tyler, Alissa, Abbey and I were in a van driven by a guy with eyes all over his body. Abbey told me not to freak out, but it was kinda weird, no, beyond weird being watched by the back of this guy's head.

Anyway, we were taken deep into the New York City and dropped off at what I heard was called a train. We were given a map of the United States, and were told to go west. Our destination was marked on the map. Alissa enchanted it so it would show our exact location on the map.

Alissa showed us the map "Okay, so our destination is all the way in Los Angeles. Nikolas, can you shadow travel us there?"

They all turned towards me.

"Can I what?"

She facepalmed. "All children of Hades should be able to shadow travel. Didn't you use it when you first fought Clarisse?"

"That wasn't a power from Hades. That was from this" I said as I showed my Mark.

"Well, you can still teleport, can't you?" Asked Tyler. I shook my head.

"I mean, I could, but only at a short distance."

"Well, it's not like we have a time limit, so I guess we don't need to do everything that quickly" said Abbey.

It made me feel a bit better, but right now I was practically useless. I have no idea how this world works, or even how my own powers work.

"Still, we should get going" said Alissa.

After paying, we boarded the train and took off.

. . .

It's been about an hour on the train, and it hasn't been very exciting. Abbey and I were the only ones awake.

As I was looking out the window, I saw... Something. Some large figure moving through the trees next to the train track.

"Minotaur" I heard Abbey mutter under her breath. "Makes me glad that we're on a train. Monsters are tough, but not as tough as machines like these."

I tried to make conversation.

"What's a minotaur?" I asked.

"A Monster. And a powerful one at that. Half Man, half bull. Son of Poseidon. I heard that Percy Jackson fought and killed it twice."

"... How do you kill something twice? Once someone's dead, that's it. Unless people can come back to life in this world?..."

"Monsters can be killed, but they can't die."

"Thanks for clearing that up."

"Oh shut up, I wasn't finished" she said, but she wasn't mad. She was actually smiling.

"When monsters die, their essence return to Tartarus, the deepest pit in the Underworld. They regenerate later on. The more powerful the monster, the longer they spend in Tartarus."

That made me a bit nervous. Fighting enemies that don't stay dead. Probably being hunted down for the rest of my life. But, then again, it's like how my life was back in Dunwall.

Abbey yawned. "I'm gonna follow their lead" she said, gesturing to Tyler and Alissa. "You should get some rest too." I nodded. She then put her head down and closed her eyes.

I turned towards the window. I wonder what kind of monsters we'll find. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I then closed my eyes, and hoped that I don't get nightmares again.

Hey guys! How'd you like this chapter? Feel free to leave any constructive criticism. Also, I've made two other stories, The Elder Scrolls: Ocean's Thu'um, and Fallout: New Light. Check them out :3 I'll be updating more often.