Ch. 8

Media: Shaun
Peyton's POV
"Baby, I've been meaning to tell you, I booked you a flight to go with me to Orlando!" I said giving him a pleading look.
"He can't just get up and leave Peyton, he's the Alpha. Josh his Third can't be in charge for that long! Don't forget I'm going also!" Matt snapped at me.
"Don't talk to me like I'm a child Matt! I know he has responsibilities, and I knew he wouldn't leave without me. It was a good morning but now you've pissed me off", I stomped (at least tried to with my limp) past him and up the wooden steps. I didn't have to look back to know Kyle was hot on my trail.
He followed me to the room and hugged me from behind.
"Baby, I'll be there for you. My dad can take over for the week. I want to be there to support you", he said feathering kisses down my shoulder.
God he's so adorable.
"Ok, if you're sure,"i said, I was in need of a nap before practice.
"Come snuggle with me baby," I said softly. I got under the covers and so did Kyle. We were both on your sides spooning, man I could get used to this.
I awoke to banging on the door, and then suddenly Leah burst into the room, and threw my shoes at me, hitting me in the face. "Ouch Le," I cried, and Kyle immediately sat up, his face looking concerned. I got out of bed, and limped to get my old ankle brace. Slid it on, and tied it up. It basically rendered my ankle immobile.
I walked over and got my favorite socks, ones with koalas on them, and put them on. I quickly put my hair into a ponytail, and grabbed my cheer bag. Leah basically dragged me out of the room, that is, until her small hands were pried off by much larger ones. I was spun around and was greeted by Kyle's lopsided grin.
I stood on one tippy toe, and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips, and he chuckled. I turned around, and started away when I felt a tap on my butt. Boys.
Today was our last practice before leaving for Worlds tomorrow. I hit all my stunts, as best as I could with a healing ankle, and tried my best to throw my passes, but I landed straight on my ass each time.
Towards the end of practice, when I wanted to try to tumble again, I saw a certain alpha spying on me from the waiting room. I went for my pass; roundoff Arabian whip double, and instead of falling on my butt at the end, I fell flat on my back before the double.
I opened my eyes, slightly dizzy, and was lifted up by Shaun, a tall, muscular boy with the deepest chocolate skin I've ever seen. I love Shaun, he's a riot.
Kyle was at the door, and it looked like he'd break it down if I didn't go talk to him.
Right when I opened the door, he grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. "Pey, you cannot do this anymore, it's so dangerous!" He cried, frantically.
"Get over it baby, blood, sweat and tears wins rings," I said smiling.
"Yeah, and blood, sweat and tears, and you give me chest pains," he said. I kissed him hard on the mouth, and quickly ran back to practice.
Everyone was doing bear crawls. Ugh. By the time we finished I was heaving. And then we had to run around the block 5 times for a cool down. Great on my ankle right? I was laughing and talking with Shaun and Leah when we were running. By the second lap, most of the girls had shed their Smoed tank tops, and same goes for the guys. we finished, my shirt was tucked through the racer back of my sports bra.
When we came in to the gym to stretch and circle up, Kyle looked over my exposed torso and growled, like literally. I gave him a death glare that made his jaw tighten and another growl to escape his lips. Oops.

🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉
It's been so long, I had bad writers block. When I started this story, it was completely impulsive, and after the initial idea, I didn't know what I wanted to do with the rest of it. Thanks for reading, love you all. Xoxoxo, Lys❤️