epilogue

jeongguk tossed and turned in his bed. he always had trouble sleeping in new places. after about an hour of laying in the same spot with no sign of sleep, jeongguk picked up his phone.

hyungie💞🥰💖
hyung?

babe
yeah, baby?

hyungie💞🥰💖
are you awake?

babe
would i be texting you right now if i wasn't?

hyungie💞🥰💖
:(

babe
sorry, sorry
what's wrong?

hyungie💞🥰💖
i can't sleep

babe
you said that last night
and the night before

hyungie💞🥰💖
i know
i'm sorry

babe
come here

-

jeongguk grinned and placed his phone aside, slipping out of his warm, yet lonely bed. he made his way across the hall to his boyfriend's room where he laid huddled underneath the blankets.

he peeked out and mumbled, "y'know, there's no point in us having separate rooms if you're gonna keep coming in here every night." nonetheless, he moved over and let the taller boy slide in next to him.

"you love me either way." jeongguk wrapped his arms around yoongi and placed his head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. their legs tangled together, and yoongi held the other close.

"that's right." yoongi pushed jeongguk's messy hair back and planted his lips on his forehead. "now, get to sleep, bun."

jeongguk was already dozing off due to the warmth radiating from yoongi and the secure feeling from the older. "mhm.. g'night, love you, hyungie."

"i love you too."

-

yoongi's stretched from beneath the covers, yawning. he frowned when he felt that the spot next to him was cold and empty. sitting up, he rubbed his eyes sleepily before waddling out of his room and into the kitchen. that's where he spotted his boyfriend, cooking breakfast.

"you know," yoongi's voice was scratchy and rough from sleep, "if you're gonna come sleep with me, the least you could do is stay and cuddle 'til i wake up."

jeongguk turned from his stance in front of the stove. he smiled, his hair a mess, and giggled softly. "sorry, hyungie. i got hungry. i thought i'd make us breakfast. your coffee is almost ready." he nodded towards the coffee machine.

humming, yoongi made his way over to jeongguk and wrapped his arms around the boy from behind. he embraced the warmth and hid his face in his back. "thanks, babe."

jeongguk resumed his task with yoongi attached to his back. "i could live like this forever, hyung."

"me too, ggukie. this feels like home."

-

oh my goodness that last part was so freaking hard to type bc i just got my nails done for graduation and it is SO HARD to type on your phone with fake nails lol

anyways, thank you so much to all the readers and those of who who have voted. i was so happy when i saw this hit one thousand reads. out of everything i've written, this is probably my favorite (i also really like tea party, so if you haven't checked that out so so after this) and i'm also pretty sure tea party and statgazer hit 1k and 3k, respectively, on my birthday but i'm not sure bc i didn't see until the day after. sorry for all this when i just wanted to say thanks and ily 💛