nine

Midgardians had pregnancy tests, but Asgardians did not. They had Healers instead, but once someone went to a Healer, everyone in Asgard began gossiping as to why they would need to go to one.

So when Gaea had to see a Healer after being sick for many weeks, the people of Asgard began to talk. Gaea was a good woman, never sticking her nose in other people's businesses or wishing ill things to happen to others, but the Asgardians knew how Loki had taken a liking to her.

Loki was handsome, but he had never cared for women before. That was Thor's hobby, not his. Loki usually spent his time trying to perfect his magic or pranking people.

Gaea couldn't believe the news. She was pregnant. She loved all life, but she didn't know how to feel about the fact that Loki was the father. Loki had no parental bone in his body. He wouldn't understand anything about being a parent. He never cared about being a father because it didn't matter to him.

Little did Gaea know, Loki was confronting Odin about his bloodline at that exact moment. While she was busy stressing about her child's well-being, Loki was learning about who he exactly was and how he was brought into the world.

There was a knock at Gaea's door. She snapped out of her frenzy and opened the door.

"Father, what are you doing here?"

"I heard rumors of you going to a Healer!" Maurice exclaimed. "Are you alright?"

She bit her bottom lip. "Not really, Father. I - I'm sorry, but I'm pregnant with Prince Loki's baby."

Maurice's mouth opened. He was completely frozen as if someone cast a spell on him. Gaea gently poked his shoulder, but he didn't say anything.

"Oh, I've broken him," she whispered.