VI

Loki groaned as he took support of the bar in front of him to stand up. His whole body was aching, courtesy of the Hulk pushing him around like a ragdoll.

But when he turned around he was met with a heroic sight.

Clint with his bow raised to shoot, Natasha with his sceptre in her hand, Sofia with her hands glowing with blue energy, Hulk sneering at him, and Steve , Tony and Thor just standing, poised to attack any minute.

"If it's all the same to you , I'll have that drink now." Loki said to the group, knowing when he's finally beat.

Sofia had enough as she walked up to him and punched him right in the nose. Tony smirked as he heard the God's howl of pain.

Sofia just rolled her eyes as she stalked up to her bedroom, yelling at the people left behind to call her if they needed her.

She went to her destroyed room, and sat down on the bed, one of the only things still remaining intact.

Taking out a box from beneath the bed , she sighed in relief as she saw that they were safe, and intact. It contained all the photos that she has of her grandparents, and her real parents. The pictures where the whole Stark-Hammer family was together. She sighed as she felt the foxing on some of the photos, as she looked sadly at her mother.

"I miss her too, you know?" Tony's voice rang out from behind her, as she whipped her head around to see her father, as she hurriedly tried to hide the photos.

"I already know about them Sof. I did build this tower after all, didn't I? I have all the knowledge of where you'd store your secrets." He replied, a small sad smile on his face as he sat beside her, taking one photo from the box.

It had Tony, Sofia, Anna – her real mother – and Connor – her real father– all together in one pic. Tony had Sofia on his shoulders as Connor was laughing from behind him, as Anna could be seen scolding Tony and yelling at him to put Sofia down. Tony could still remember the whole scene.

"You were so young, when they were taken from you. I had promised myself, since the day I saw you, that I would protect you. But I couldn't do it today. I'm sorry, for ever leaving you, sweetheart. " He said, putting his head down, not able to meet his daughter's eyes.

She just pulled his head up, and as he saw her, he saw that she had tears in her eyes, as he subconsciously wiped them away.

"You saved me, Dad. You saved all of us. You are a hero not just to me, but to whole of the world. Earlier, you were my hero, now you are a hero of many. You didn't leave me, I promise you. " She said that, as she pulled him into a hug, as she crawled into his lap, even if she was too big, the comfort of her father soothed her anyday.

"I love you Sofia." He muttered in her hair, as he pulled her closer, fearing that she was just a figment of his imagination.

"I love you too Dad." She said back, tears still streaming silently down her face, as she hugged him back tightly.

The father-daughter duo slept peacefully for the first time in a long time that night.

**************

"Despite the devastation of what has been termed as an interterrestrial attack –"

"Ah it's just. It's really great, knowing they are out there, you know?"

"I love the hooded girl, she saved me and my brother's life, and I want to be just like her when I grow up!"

"I love you Thor!"

"It seems that there's a lot they are not telling us."

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break."

"These so called heroes, have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight, where are they now?"

As reports flew out, and people talked, the newly formed Avengers were walking down in Central park, carrying the now Handcuffed, mouth cuffed Loki in tow.

Sofia and Tony came from one side, Natasha and Clint from the other, as Steve took the back.

Dr . Selvig took the contraption to be used to harness the Tesseracts energy, as Bruce carefully put the cube inside. 

Thor patted Selvig as a sign of goodbye, as Sofia hugged him, one which he returned with a big smile. Then he turned back to Loki , and with one twist of the contraption, the gods were gone.

The others remained behind for goodbye, as Tony and Steve shook hands. Sofia had said her goodbyes to him before, and now was standing beside Clint and Nat.

"You know, it would be swell, if you could teach me some of your moves. I mean, these powers are awesome, but I wanna be badass without them as well. " Sofia said to Natasha, who just smirked.

"We'll see." With a small smirk, and a quick hug , she went back to the car, leaving Clint behind with Sofia.

"I know I don't know you much, but your secret is safe with me." She said to Clint, him knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"I know. After all that happened, you're family now, Sof. And I trust you with my secret. Do me a favour and stay safe, will ya?" He said as he hugged her, and then left with Natasha.

She went back to her dad and Bruce, and after giving a quick hug to Steve again, she went and sat down at the hood of one of the sports car her dad owned, and all the Avengers were off.

First Natasha and Clint took a turn, then Steve on his motorcycle. Now it left Bruce and Tony and Sofia.

Just like the Stark – now Avengers– tower, slowly everyone was piecing  themselves together, one piece at a time .

Pepper and Tony would sit beside their daughter Sofia, watch her as she drew designs for the new constructing Avengers tower, content with life as of now. Even though everyone took a hit, they sprung back to their normal habits in no time, and for that Sofia was thankful .

All was well.