XIII

There were two guards posted in front of us, getting changed after every hour. Yes, I did count the minutes till the new guards arrived. I was bored, and still horrified as Maya's body was just removed ten minutes ago. Dad kept asking me if I was alright, but what could I answer him? I just nodded and kept mum.

Suddenly a toy watch started ringing. Dad looked up , as if recognising the sound , and then looked straight ahead, so as not to show the guards he recognised it. Looking closely I saw it was a Dora the Explorer watch. It was cute.

"Careful there, it's a limited edition." Dad spoke up.

The guard didn't listen as he carelessly picked the watch up, waving it and smacking it in the air to make it stop beeping.

"Hey , uh , Ponytail express. What's the mileage count between Tennessee and Miami?" He asked another guard, who funnily enough, had a ponytail.

"832 miles." He said back, obviously proud of knowing this.

"Very nice." I spoke up.

"I'm good like that." The ponytail guard bragged to the grumpy one. 

"Can you, uh stop that?" He asked again, with respect to stopping the watch.

"Break it you bought it." Dad quipped. The grumpy one dropped the watch at the floor and smashed his foot on it.

Woops, guess he bought it.

"I think I bought it." Wow, I said the same thing!

"Okay, that wasn't mine to give away. That belongs to my friend's sister. And that's why, I'm gonna kill you first." Dad said, making my eyebrows furrow.

Since when did he have friends whose sisters wore Dora the explorer watches? Didn't they wear like Michael Kors or something?

"What are you gonna do to me?" The grumpy one challenged dad.

"You'll see." I started moving my hands a bit, blue wisps coming out, ready to attack but Dad's one look stopped me. Apparently he has a plan, and wants me to save my powers till the end show, which I will know as soon as it happens.

Sometimes he just passes over my head. But I obeyed him, rolling my eyes .

"You're both zip ties to a bed." Grumpy pointed out.

"This." Suddenly Dad pulled his hands away, like firing up his thrusters, but it did nothing.

"That." Still nothing.

The ponytail guard copied Dad, acting scared as both of them shared laughs.

"Just one thought and they'll be gone." I whispered to dad.