Chapter Eight

~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~

Dedicated to numberlessmartie:

Thanks so much for the votes and your comment! It makes me unbelievably happy to see any reads, votes and comments [especially when I get a follow<3]! Thanks for lighting up my day and I hope you continue to read and enjoy! <3

~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~<3~

Rhyme Talbot

"What do you think they are saying up there?" True whispered to us as we stood leaning against the balcony of the second story stairs.

"It's a private meeting," Dallas sighed leaning back on his elbows as he stared at the ceiling. "They are talking about secret stuff."

"No stupid!" Tear, the Alpha's younger sister upbraided. "They are discussing the upcoming war. You know that."

"Then why are the four of us being left out?" Dallas whined back.

"That is probably because we are only Deltas Dally." I commented softly using the nickname I had become accustom to in the past few days.

It had been two days since Alpha Victor gave Trinity Stars a deadline to hand me over. Even though I have already started to make friends with Dalla, True and even Tear, I was still shaking in my boots. I'd much rather have taken the responsibility for my actions and left the pack out of my ordeals. However, Stygian wouldn't let me. I was now a part of the pack and according to Stygian that meant I was to be protected at all costs.

Unfortunately my cost was a huge one... There was a war about to start and it was entirely my fault.

Currently the Alphas and Betas of the alliance are holding an exclusive meeting in Alpha Crayton's room upstairs. It was rather early and Mrs. Trinity, Crayton and Tear's mother, came by to take the three pups out to the park. The only ones left in the house were the four of us, Anon and Revel who were sitting in the chairs behind us playing cards.

"Stop worrying kids, everything will be fine." Revel spoke up.

"But what if Light Foot and Mountain Creek don't agree to help us? They share borders with both us and Bloody Water!" True quaked nervously.

"We are still the biggest and strongest pack on the West Coast, especially with Broken Trinity at our side and Alpha Destiny would never turn her back on us. She is distant relatives with Cray." Revel soothed leaning back in his chair and tossing his cards on the coffee table. "You win again Anon."

Anon beamed at Revel as she greedily collected the candy in the middle of the table; they were substituting the sweets for poker chips. "You are really bad at this Revel!" She giggled happily. "I'm going to cash in~" She bubbled running off down the hall to deposit the candy in her room. When she came back around the staircase we saw her across the banister and waved when she continued down the short hall to her room.

"So," Revel called as he stood and walked over to us, "are you four going to stand there all day like limp noodles or are we going to do something?"

"I can't leave the pack house." I reminded.

"And? There is a swimming pool out back remember? And there is a forest right outside, I'm sure you won't get in trouble for playing a little Forrest tag, wolf style." Revel cackled.

In the days I spent here I've noticed that even though Revel looks a bit intimidating and definitely could be serious, he loved to joke and play around more. He was like an older brother.