2.1.5 How to have multiple memories pt.2

Was it this time? Maybe this was the moment of which I'd wake back up to Jenna, Christine, Jake and Rich around the kitchen table. Light flooded to my eyes once more.

I was sat at a desk, my legs swinging back and forth. Apparently it wasn't the moment then. I had another memory in store ready to be shown - not that I was complaining, I was starting to get my memories back.

Rich bounced up to me. From the looks of things, this memory must be set after the whole SQUIP incident.

"Heyy Jere!" Rich grinned, jumping up so that he could sit on my desk. I scowled at him, slightly annoyed he'd sat on my work that I was about to put away - but I didn't say anything, I didn't complain.

"Ready for class photo today?" He asked. I nodded, smiling tiredly at him. I'd stay up all night thinking about my big problem that I'd completely forgotten that we had our class photo today.

I probably look like shit - oh god.

"Hey, uhm- actually, Jeremy, there's something I wanted to ask you about." Rich's tone switched to serious. "Can we go somewhere a little more..." He glanced left to right before looking back at me with a pleading expression. "Private?"

I immediately sensed this was something serious and what he was about to do was something either very personal or required a lot of bravery to say. I quickly agreed, following him out of the classroom.

As we got out of the classroom, Rich turned to me, anxiously fiddling with the edge of his untucked shirt.

"I would've asked Michael about it, but I can't really find him anywhere and I think we're closer anyway." Rich spoke quietly, obviously very nervous. "You know how I came out to you in the hospital?" He looked up at me, locking eyes.

Ah, how could I forget. The classic Richard Goranski quote of: 'When I go back to school, the ladies are going to get to know the real Richard Goranski! And the guys... Oh my god I'm totally bi!'

"Yeah." I nodded, recalling the memory slightly as I thought about it. 

"Again would've asked Michael as he's the resident gay around here, but I- uh, I think I might - well, I think I'm in l- I think I like, uh- Jake." Rich told me, his lisp and slight stutter near the end making it difficult to make out what he was saying.

I didn't miss it though - I'm pretty sure that I definitely heard that right. Rich had just told me he liked Jake. Rich liked Jake. Romantically.

"That's great dude!" I grinned at him, a big smile on my face. Rich laughed awkwardly.

"It felt good to finally get that off my chest, damn." Rich took in a long breath in as if to prove his statement about feeling good.