The Beginning

I wasn't really like this. I used to be a good girl. I don't know what happened to me. That boy, Alex, is someone I should never let go but I was so stupid at that time. 

My name is Abigail. I was about 13 years old in this story. I am a girl with a lot of insecurities. It all started when I enter high school. I was very young at that time. So young. I couldn't tell what's bad and what's not. 

RING!! RING!! RING!!  [ALARM CLOCK RINGING]

I reached out my hand to shut the demonic alarm clock that is disturbing my peaceful slumber. "Wakey wakey my baby Abby.." , an angelic voice called my name. I can feel something's pinching me. As I opened my eyes, I saw a woman with her most radiant smile plastered on her face. It was my mother. I looked at the clock..

7.00 A.M.

Quickly, I hit the showers and went to the dining room to eat. "Yummy, mom got pancakes for me today~" I said gleefully. Then, I waved goodbye to my mother and went to school by bus. Sitting in the bus alone, and I thought to myself "First day of school and I am almost missed my bus.... I am such a clutz".

 A person sat next to me is Julie, my childhood friends. We used to be best buddy and now we are far apart because of separate classes. We can still talk to each other tho but it'll be awkward. She was as nervous as I was. By the way, fun fact, both of us wear glasses. That's why people always thought we are twins when we are not. We look pretty similar to each other. Another fun fact, I am half-chinese. Yes, I am bilingual. Cool isn't it?

Anyways, when we arrived at school, we went to our classes. There, I met a lot of nice and friendly people. One of them is a girl named Emma. She is loud and funny. We talked to each other a lot of times and most of it she started it. After knowing her a couple of days, we became best friends. She accepted the fact that I watch animes, read mangas, play games, and bunch of nerdy stuff. She is quite popular among the students because she is smart and nice too. 

Whenever there's a boring subject I will sleep. Yes, not sometimes. Every damn time. It is a routine. Lucky for me, I hardly got caught. Even if the teacher saw me, they would just mind their own business.

Long story short, I met a senior. His name was Ethan. I met him during the co-curricular activities. He seems to be interested in me. Idk. I don't want to jump to conclusion.

 During middle school, it was my worst moment of my life. I was a loner. Even Julie have friends. I was an antisocial girl. I am nerdy too. If you saw my middle school's picture, you will understand. Even my appearance was shocking.

As I was saying, he kept on pestering me and disturbing my peaceful life. He was known as a popular and a playboy in the school. Well, at least that is what they told me. He got the looks and a sweet-talker. BUT, worry not. I was well-prepared for this kind of things. Kidding. I was surprised when he suddenly wants my number.

After some days passed, he unknownly got my number. Somehow. He started texting me. Just so you know, I have never dated anyone in my whole life. Do you how it felt when that happened? My thoughts, "This must be a dream. There's no way in 7 layers of hell that the most popular person in my school likes a nerd and ugly girl like me". He was very persistent. One day, he confessed but in text bubbles. I asked why he liked me. He replied "Idk.. There's something about you that attracts me". How unconvincing...

He texts me almost every day.. Of course a loner like me would love the attention and so I reply every text he sent me. How innocent. I never replied to his confessing and yet he kept on saying he likes me. For you information, whenever we coincidently meet, he will try to talk to me. I am a shy girl. Of course the obvious answer is that I ran away everytime it happens. 

However, I never knew that he actually already have a girlfriend. That sunk my heart. Not really because I kind of expected that. But when the girlfriend found out. She cried and blamed me. So, I apologized to her and her boyfriend never really learnt his lesson..... I did ask him in texts "Don't you have a girlfriend already?" He said "Girlfriend? 😒".. 

To put it in a nutshell, we texted each other like we are a thing but actually not. Even his friends know about me. My classmates also. I like how it feels but I don't want it to be official because I am scared. I am a coward in real life....

[Part 2 of story will be publish in a later date]