twenty four

𝐇𝐈 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖.

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃.

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐄𝐍𝐃.

𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.

𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍

Jayla pressed the gun harder against Novas skull with a smirk as Nova continued sobbing where she stood.

"N-Nova. What are you talking about?" I asked her desperately as she didn't speak, she only cried out in agony.

"Shit. I'll say it for her!" Jayla huffed in frustration, "She was a weapon. Agent 626... Built to destroy people's lives, homes, commit several murders of innocent people.." Jayla told it as if it were an inspirational story. She looked at Nova with a smile.

Wait what?

"You're lying!" I claimed as Jayla sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"Seriously dude?! Are you that slow?" She asked me as I stared at Nova, her eyes were blood shot red and irritated. "She must have you mind controlled, brain washed... you love her!" She said like it was barely a revaluation.

"Of course I do." I spat.

"Riiiiight!" She dragged out as she paced around a bit, "so you get him to fall in love with you and then you destroy his life! It's quite genius actually. I feel bad I haven't thought of it." She said talking to Nova as her body looked like it had been shaking from all her crying.

"Jayla, you're insane. Is this about us? I'm sorry that I didn't love you-" I said trying to calm her down as she eyed me angrily her face turning serious.

"This isn't about us. It's about her!" She yelled, "Why are you doing this?" I asked her pleading as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not doing anything. If anything you should be thanking me. For revealing who she really is." She said as I looked at Nova. This whole time she hasn't been saying anything. No words of denial, like she'd been accepting it.

"Nova. What is she talking about?" I demanded as she looked at me. "I'm sorry Brandon. I'm sorry. I tired to tell y-you." She choked on a couple more tears.

"Tell. Me. What?"

"That... that night when I said I was bad... I meant it.. Brandon I'm sorry. I tried to stop this. I did.." she said as I thought back to the night. She kept saying she was bad or that she was evil. But Nova wasn't evil shes the best person I know.

"Stop what?!" I demanded tired of the riddles playing in my head.

"The end of the world." She said grimly with a serious expression, "this... it wasn't supposed to go this way..." she said solemnly.

"Why don't you tell him the story." Jayla said as more of a demand then suggestion as Nova stared at me.

"No wait!" I shouted, "this doesn't make sense at all! If you... you killed all these people... which is I-impossible... what does that have to do with me?" I asked her hesitating to speak. I don't believe anything Jayla was saying but if it were possible it still doesn't make any sense.

"You... you were too close to uncovering the truth.." she said, tears still falling down her face, "I was... they told me I had to get rid of you before it got out." She said sobbing as I stared at her with anger.