Chapter 4

-Daniel's POV-

"Oh, they're my friends. Well you could call them, internet friends since I've never met them." Corbyn nodded along as I explained. I got up, interlacing fingers with Corbyn and walked out. I know that I have feelings for the blonde. Am I pushing it? Ugh, you're making this too hard, Daniel. He nudged my shoulder and I looked at him. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded and started walking again. He pulled me back and I glanced over at him. "Stop pulling me back." I spoke. "Hey, I'm not trying to lose you. You're the only person I know and we haven't fully introduced ourselves to each other." He replied. I smiled and looked back at him. "We'll do that whenever we find somewhere to stay." I responded. Eventually, we were able to get into a hotel. I walked inside and sat on the bed. "It's not like home. But it'll have to do." I muttered. Corbyn sat by me and looked at me. "Let's continue with our introductions." He nodded. "Well, my mom gave me this bracelet when I was younger. Then somehow she put the hologram inside it." I explained. He took my forearm and studied the bracelet, "What does this symbol mean?"

 He took my forearm and studied the bracelet, "What does this symbol mean?"

"The ring of water represents my father and the smile represents my other. Otherwise known as, water and mischief." I looked down at his necklace. "What does that symbol mean?"

"The moon represents my mother and the lightning represents my father

"The moon represents my mother and the lightning represents my father. Goddess of Night and God of Thunder." He explained. I looked up at him. "Your eyes are stunning." I smiled at him. "Your eyes are breathtaking." He smiled. "Tell me about your home planet." He spoke as he laid back on the bed. I got up and took off my jacket. "My home planet is like a garden. Well, that's where I was most of the time. My parents were king and queen of the Huoxnion System. The planet was usually calm. Unless there were attacks.." My voice trailed off before looking at the ground. "..go on." He spoke up, breaking the silence. I took off my shirt and looked out the window, "No one knew about then except me." He sat up and looked over at me. "You fought them on your own?" He asked. I turned around and nodded as his eyes widened while he studied my body.
-TRIGGER WARNING-
I was extremely skinny and weak, but I never let it get in my way. I always used my powers and hid behind big clothes. It was miracle that I could walk matter of fact, even stand. "Daniel.." Corbyn looked up at me. He got up and hugged me. He could feel everything. I put head on his chest and hugged back. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine, Corbyn." He shook his head. "I need you to be honest with me. How long have you been dealing with this?" I sighed, "A year." I looked up at him and he looked down at me, "I shouldn't have showed you.."
"Don't say that. It's okay, I now know that you're not that insecure about it."
"Yeah, because I don't worry about it. My father never let me eat because I was always late for dinner."
I looked away from him.
"I was only trying to keep our planet safe, but he never listened. He said that he wishes that he only had Tyler, my older brother, and never thought of having me, because I don't give them any sympathy. I put my life on the line for the past 2 years fighting off the enemy in secret! I didn't eat properly, my insomnia was very bad, I did everything to keep my family safe and all I get in return is, 'Daniel. You're grounded for coming in after your curfew and no dinner for you.' Or, 'Daniel James! You know not to be out past your curfew, no going to the river for a month!' It's so screwed up. My parents nor my brother still don't know the truth to this day." Tears stung my eyes and I got out of Corbyn's grip. I opened the closet and put on a shirt that fit just right.
"Your life must've been better than mine." I went back over to him. "I wouldn't say that." He whispered.