Chapter 11

Once I got back home, Daniel was fast asleep in my arms. I laid him on the bed and I took off my clothes except for my boxers. I held the boy in my arms and I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.
-
"Where's daddy?!" The girl whined, looking out into the woods. I sat down beside her and put my hand on her back. "Daddy, will be back soon, princess." I smiled, stroking her cheek. "W-What if it's because he doesn't love me..?" She looked up at me as tears welling up in her eyes. I kissed her forehead, "Clarissa, I promise you that Daddy loves you."
"B-But what if he d-doesn't?"
"He does love you. Believe me, when I was younger, I always camped out waiting for him to come home."
"C-Cor..b-byn.." Daniel collapsed as his body started to convulse. "Daddy!" Clarissa screamed as she ran up to him. "D-Daniel.." My voice cracked. I followed her, swooping her feet off the ground. I looked into his faded ocean blue eyes and kissed him with all of my passion that I had, he kissed back the same way. He didn't want to let go and neither did I, but we had to pull away. "I love you, princess." He whispered. "I love you, Daddy." She hugged his neck. He grabbed my hand and closed his eyes, "I love you, lightning."
"I love you, Rain." I spoke softly. His breathing started to shallow. "Dani?" I asked. No response. "Daddy, wake up!" She pushed him. Still no response.
He was gone.
-
We both woke up from our deep sleep and looked at each other.
"W-Was that.. real?" Daniel stuttered, meeting my eyes. "I d-don't think so." I placed my hand on his cheek. His eyes were red and puffy and had tear stains on his cheeks. He hid his face in my chest, shaking. "I don't want to die in front our kids, if we even have kids.." He silently sobbed into my chest. I rubbed his back and he gripped me tighter as I went to far on his right, rubbing over his broken ribs. "C-Corbyn, i-it hu-hurts," He couldn't even speak a word without stuttering. "E-Every..t-thing hu-hurts. Ma-Make i-it st-stop." He begged, looking up at him with tears brimming his eyes. I put my hand under his jaw and met his eyes. "It's okay, Dani. You're safe with me." I smiled. He pulled me to him and cried out in pain, "I c-can't ta-take i-it, Li-Lightning." I only held him until he fell silent. Which was hours on hours until he stopped suffering from the nightmare. I continued rubbing his back until he was calmed down. He looked up at me, I looked down at him. He hid his face in the crook of my neck and kissed it. I tensed up and ran my fingers through the buzzed part of his hair. "Lightning?" He looked up at me. "Rain." I answered, looking down at him.
"I think I'm healed up now."
"How- it's not even been a day yet." "Werewolves are different from half humans."
"Hey! Not my fault, I'm not like you!"
"Hay is for horses, mister. And no need to get all pressed like that."
I rolled my eyes and ruffled up his hair. He glared at me then his eyes softened, pulling me on top of him, he smiled. "You'd make a great beta." He assured, making circles on my back. "What about Christina?" I questioned. "She's alpha material and Betas are supposed to be mating with the alphas at this time around.." He stopped talking as his voice trailed off. "So.. why aren't you and her you know?" I looked at him. "We both agreed on not mating, because of her past. She was raped by her brother because of reputation. She became a lesbian after that, she's been traumatized by the thought of breeding." He explained. Maybe this could be my chance. "But don't you still need to reproduce?"
"I do, but it's supposed to be with my beta. No one else, Buck's words."
"Bite me."
"And do what? Mate with you? I'm not risking it."
"I can't get pregnant."
"Actually, you can, you just didn't know until now."
My eyes widened by what he just said. I contemplated my decision then came to a conclusion.
"Daniel, do it."
"I can't reject your command. The only thing I didn't want to do, turn a half human or even a human into a monster like me, especially to you."
~
hi spawn reading this story. what do you think so far?