Chapter 9

-Corbyn's POV-

-One Year Later-

It's been one year since he ditched me, one year since I let my emotions take over for him, one year since I've seen him. I now lived in Virginia with my boyfriend, Simon. Yet he was a mortal, he still loved me, unlike some people. We were sitting at the coffee shop, talking about what to do for our 8 month anniversary until he had to go to the bathroom.

-Daniel's POV-

I walked into the old coffee shop and ordered a drink. Shit, he's here. "And what's your name?" The lady asked. Can't use Daniel. Why is this hard to think of a name?? "Andy." I looked at her. She nodded while writing the name on the cup. "Your coffee will be ready shortly." She smiled. I nodded and sat at the only table right behind Corbyn. I changed my hair to blonde and sat down, facing away from him. "Andy!" The lady called. I got up and received my drink, turning around a boy about my age, eyed me down as I went back to my table. He sat across Corbyn and they continued to talk. I placed a beanie over my hair and drank my coffee.

 I placed a beanie over my hair and drank my coffee

seaveydaniel: seems like you found a new lover🤭

-
view comments
-

beautychickee: you'll get him back

jackaverymusic: heard his new bf is an asshole😳

simon.loverboy: so your the boy who ditched my boyfriend a year ago? explains a lot😬

jonahmarais: @simon.loverboy you don't know the full story, dumbass🙄

-

I got up and walked out of the coffee shop, the same boy stopped me. Wasn't he just sitting with Corbyn? I looked up at him with my normal blue eyes. "May I help you?" I asked. I took a short sniff of his scent, immediately disgusted. He had Corbyn's scent all over him. He looked at me, "It's you." Then he started kissing me aggressively. He was too strong for me to push off.
"Hey! Stop kissing him!"
"Simon..."
Two voices collided together. I turned my head to the other voice and Simon turned his head to Corbyn. Christina was standing there in the woods. I nodded at her and she came out of the woods. I tried to get away but his hands were clamped down onto my arms. "Let. Me. Go." I barked using my alpha voice not to let Corbyn know that Simon was kissing the boy who ghosted him. "Corbyn, I can explain. He kissed me." He spoke. I kneed him in the groin, turning my back towards them. "Try to lie better next time." I chuckled. Christina walked up to me and looked up into my eyes. "Did he hurt you?" She asked. I shook my head no. "You came just in time." I smiled. She smiled then grabbed my hand, pulling me into the woods. "Aren't I supposed to be dragging you?" I teased.
"Nope, because the pack would get mad at you." She retorted. I nodded, knowing that would be true. We got back to the pack and I sat down on the rock that towered over the ground beneath us. She moved down to the rock that was closer to the ground but it still towered over the ground. "There's going to be an attack on our grounds, very soon." I spoke. "Our grounds?" Christina questioned.
I nodded at her question. "Vampires aren't allowed on our land, that's breaking the treaty between us." Blake, a pack member, spoke up.
"I wanna fight!" A little girl whined. "Woah there, little runt. You're not big enough." I assured. She winced and looked up at me. "One day, you'll get to fight with us." Christina smiled. There was a rustle in the trees, I sniffed the air. "Vampires." She whispered. "Everyone, get the kids to safety. If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you killed... walk it off." I announced. "I'll take right. Blake and Christina take left. Everyone else take disperse out." Everyone nodded and we shifted, running towards the targets. I took right and howled. I stood there in the trees, watching. Simon. "Stay there. There's one right there. If you move, he'll kill you." Simon demanded. I growled and bared my canines. He looked up in my direction. I slowly came out of the trees and jumped down into the pit. He put out his arm in front of Corbyn to block him. He's dead. I threw myself onto him, pinning him to the ground. I snapped at him, but not going for the obvious kill. "Get off of him!" Corbyn screamed, pushing me off of him. I growled and met his eyes. I still bared my fangs and Simon attacked me in my blindspot. He halted me up, breaking my ribs, kicking at my back leg, breaking my femur. I yelped out in pain, shifting back into a human, shaking. "D-Daniel?!" Corbyn stuttered out. Tears escaped the corners of my eyes from the pain. Christina shifted into her human form and glared at Simon. He had a sly smirk on his face. "Alpha? Can you hear me?" Her focus was back on me, I slowly nodded. "Alpha?" Corbyn questioned. She nodded, "He's our alpha." He kneeled down to me and looked at me, "You have a lot to explain."