2. Boss from Hell

Three years passed, and I'm already working in the second best corporation in town. I was happy with my job except that Jack and Zeal were in different companies. I was in the executive position and luckily I will get promotions soon. Mister Scourge was difficult to deal with and quite scary to talk to but when he sees me during my break time and we're just alone in the elevator, he's sweet and supportive.

Though being a CEO of a company sounds like he's old, creepy and very authoritative, it was the complete opposite of him. He's only in his late 40's, athletic and socializes on any occasion. He's married to an older but super rich businesswoman of the country. That woman only attends in big events, showing her luxuries from her looks, clothes and jewels. She's untouchable and only few can talk to her. They have children at my age which makes me think that I might just like a daughter to him.

I don't know how she got involved but plead innocent to the event that happened to us years ago, it was terrorism done by religious groups trying to reduce the nonmembers like the most people in my country. It was the same with the other countries, thousands died in different places; restaurants, cinema, shopping malls and anywhere populated. We got lucky that day. Most were not.

"Urgh... where are we?" I was awakened and remembered I'm in the front seat beside William. He's driving roughly when I woke up. The night was a bit warm and we're taking the bumpy road of the mountains. It was still dark, four o'clock in the morning and I wonder if he got sleep. "Take a rest, Will, I'll drive." I yawn and hold on his shoulder, pressing it to say it is okay.

Why is he perspiring that much? I looked behind me and noticed that everyone's awake. 'This is creepy.'

"Will?" I looked at him again.

"I lost the brakes!" William hysterically screamed and bumped the van to the rocky part of the road. The van bounced oppositely and now we're at the edge where half of the van was hanging. A single mistake will cause the van to fall completely.

*pah pah pah*

It was a silent and cold night but our hearts were roaring with fear and bodies sweating coldly.

!!!

In an instant, the car was already heading below the cliff and before it fell, I managed to jump off the window.

*crash*

The sound of a loud noise echoed around the mountains. Luckily, I got hold on a small hanging tree. I quickly transferred to the wall before the small tree surrendered and there are a lot of plants to grab on.

'I'm so sorry!' My mind screams as I look down seeing the path that the van has landed. There's many blades that're covering below which forbids me from seeing the terrible sight.

Tears flooded my eyes as I tried to climb up and carefully hold on to the rocks and plants making sure I won't join the others.

*vroom!*