10. Freedom of Souls

Arron secretly joined our group to complete the puzzle. He discussed every information he knows about Smutty. The only thing left was justice from the police. Will Smutty be thrown to jail? Will she finally pay for her crimes?

It's time for me to show up first in the company. Who knows if someone was already moving under Smutty's control? I removed my cover up and did my usual look, my real face.

"You can't be here." I turn around after hearing the familiar voice who fired me when I was still under my mask. "Just because you're back, it doesn't mean you're replacing me." Miss Sassy passes over me and sits on her desk. She glanced at the team for them to proceed.

"Don't worry, dear, this isn't my last position before the incident happened. I'm just here to check out my previous project and the people I have cared. Hopefully they're doing great with you." I smiled at everyone but their smile faded when Sassy stands beside me. "What's wrong? You won't be here if not because of me. You better stop that attitude." I confronted her before leaving the team. Nobody knew that I left a surveillance mic under the desk.

"Miss Brazen! I'm glad you're back! Let me introduce you my favorite employee." Miss Georgia quickly meets me and whispered. "Where is she? She's supposed to be here at this hour." She looks bothered after she haven't seen the person she's looking for.

"She's one hour late, Ma'am." Mary, one of my new teammates came while checking on her watch. "I hope she's just late."

"Who is the girl you're talking about?" I smiled and asked Miss Georgia. She took a deep breath and showed me a picture of woman who used to be me. "So this is her? What's special about her?"

"She's like you, Brazen. I quickly hired her after Sassy decided she's no longer functional for her. I can see her potential. I know there's something great behind her mysterious look. After a short time, she proved me right." Miss Georgia took a deep breath with a wide smile. "Your husband likes her design and it will be in the magazine! Can you believe that? An amateur's first project was already in the magazine!" She excitedly wrapped her arm aroun mine with happiness. I felt flattered inside my mind.

"Really? I think I'm getting jealous

"Really? I think I'm getting jealous." I looked at her with a bright smile. "I hope there's a chance for me to meet her." I proceeded towards Arron's flat. When I got in, I went to the glass wall watching the outside of the building while listening to the surveillance microphone.

Miss Sassy was the only person who didn't like me even when I was under the cover but I still implanted one of the surveillance in Miss Georgia and the others. I can't trust anyone.

I took a deep breath and decided to go back to my apartment. There's something I have to take before I finally leave it.

*click*

!!!

I was going downstairs when I heard the main door being forced to unlock. I quickly walked back while peeping to see who it was. The landlady was the only person who holds a duplicate so this is not her.