3. The Lost Years

"Please let her rest for a while." Dad told the uniformed men with irritation. They suddenly appeared maybe as soon as they sensed that I woke up. I understand that there's no wasting time and whatever they want to solve must be done in a short time.

"It's okay, while my memory is still fresh." I tried to sit down but my back is painfully stiff. Mom adjusted the bed and now it seemed like I'm sitting but leaning on the bed.

"Is it true that the reason you're involved was because you're a mistress of mister Scourge?" The first man to question me looks familiar. He's not from our town but I swear I already met him. "Miss Bonny?"

"No, I am not his mistress or even a lover of someone. Scourge was just our boss. He confessed the other day that the reason why was because his wife got jealous of me. It's a very shallow and immature reason to get rid of me." My head shakes with a bitter smile.

"The witnesses, your coworkers said the opposite." He grins like he's enjoying that I'll be in jail. I know I'll be sent to jail if they'll succeed to turn the table. The victim was me, not her.

"Scott, please check my phone records. I hope you'll find all the answers." I gave a vengeful smile as I waved my hand driving him away. I was right, that man was Scott, one of Arron's enemy when we were in high school. "Mom, give me my phone. This should go live over the internet."

"Tell the world before the couple will turn the crowd against you." She encouraged me while handling the phone over me.

The recording was over. I hope the nation will hear it. The couple have the strongest connection so I have to make my own. Money can buy everything but social media will be watching. I hope this will help in case that justice is paid by bribery.

My phone records are the only proof of my innocence. The discussion between me and my workmates will be the strongest thing to make me win.

"Isn't it enough that they have caught him in the act? He's strangling you to death during that time! I know that because I instructed Greg to make a footage!" Mj, my sister, was hysterically waving her hands in anger.

"Why don't you upload it, make a lot of copies and spread it for the world to see?" Finally, another evidence is coming. This time, I have no need to face the court.

"What do you want to do with your traitorous workmates?" Edward, my youngest brother asked while sitting beside me holding my nephew close to him.

"Let them taste what they want. It's their will after I gave them a chance, they did it again. That happens to greedy people like them. Everything has a price for them, let that price be a lesson." I grin as I had a peaceful sleep.

To cut the story short, everything was done, they're all locked in the jail, and the media were more updated than I was. It's funny but I left it all to them.

*sigh*

It's great to be back, back in my room, in the balcony facing the balcony of Arron Bland. Arron, your memories always stayed with me, until now, I could not move on without you.

Tears of loneliness dropped to these cheeks you used to kiss. I looked above and saw the moon again, the full and bright moon we used to share when we were younger.

Does he still think of me? Did he forget about me? Maybe he's changed a lot, engaged to the right woman, has kids of his own-

*sniff*

"Im left behind!"