7. The Waterloo

Oh... I'm feeling sleepier.

"Sleep, dear Brazen. You'll be fine at the moment your eyes opened." I felt a touch on my cheek as I doze off to sleep.

*thunder claps*

!!!

I was awakened by the loud sounds of thunder. I still couldn't see anything. I'm blinded by the poison.

'I'm blinded by the poison!'

I couldn't even make a sound nor even see or do anything to know if I'm alive! Hell no, I can hear, it's the only thing from the five senses that's functioning. I'm feeling cold. Is it included? The pain, it's still there but gladly it has lessened.

*clink*

I heard something, a metallic sound. It's just close from where I am. Please don't tell me it's a ghost! No way! Ghost don't exist!

*clink*

There it is again! I felt the wind that passed through my skin. Maybe someone's here to check on me! Oh, why is it touching my cheek? It's hand is warm and soft. Is it a woman? Why is it cupping my cheek? With the size of its hand, there's a possibility that it's a man. Why is there a man standing before me?!

Arron! Where are you! Please help me!

Hmmm...

*thunderclaps*

I was awakened again. I still can't see nor move or anything just like before but I can hear and feel. Now, I can feel warm and something is a bit heavy covering my- Why- why do I feel like someone is cuddling me? Who is this? Who the hell is hugging me while I'm asleep?

No! It's not one of my friends! The scent is different! It smells musky and manly but it's not a perfume. It smells like soap and shampoo and some mix of rubbing alcohol. Maybe it's Jack because it smells manly and Jack's natural scent is distracted by the alcohol.

Zzz

Wow! When my eyes opened, I can finally see! Too bad, I couldn't move except my fingers but my arms are still immobilized. It's still a great relief that I can finally see. My eyes moved around and see that there's windows high above the walls. There's no ceiling but the roofing looks strongly maintained. The lights were turned off because it's bright inside and the windows were shut closed. The ventilation is coming from the big ceiling fan hung above the very high roof.

"Good morning, little miss sunshine!" I heard the foreign voice again which I heard for many times. When he finally appeared at my sight he revealed himself that he's a young doctor at his thirties. He's wearing glasses, laboratory gown, a stethoscope in his pocket, a notepad with ballpen and some other instruments.

Though I couldn't speak, I tried to use my eyes to communicate. He smiled charmingly and checked on my status like the dextrose attached on me. He removed it and set it aside. He also started removing and cleaning on the areas of my injuries including my thigh which made me blushed while my eyes want to pop out. He raised the helm of the short dress that they replaced on my clothes.

"Your wound is getting better." He looked at me with a smile and looked down again at my thigh. "I can say that you're really sexy and beautiful but this injury will never be able to ruin it." He smiles again and dresses up my wound before covering it with my blanket up to my tummy.

'Why is he looking at me like that?' The hair all over my body are raising while my eyes are on him. The doctor is getting scary though he has an angelic face with a sweet smile.

"It's very uncommon to see such beauty around here." He's so close that I can feel his breath all over my face. I'm starting to sweat in fear. "Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll recover as fast as we can. That's the point why my team and I were here. We've been studying for five years trying to find the most effective and harmless medicines with herbs but that is not the only mission why we are here. The aborigines needed us. It's difficult living in traditions alone. We exchanged knowledge and technologies and half of their population was saved." He starts to clean my face with a warm damp towel and a woman in her fourties comes in with some clothes to join us.