5. The Excellency

"Darn!" I rushed to go for a bath. This is my first day on the job, I have to make a great impression! After bathing, I polished myself with makeup and a nice outfit with neatly groomed hair. "That's it!"

I drove to the company that gave me the opportunity to begin again. Mister Scourge was replaced after he was sent to jail including his wife. I resigned to start another life.

"So you're Bonny Brazen Louvens, the accused mistress

"So you're Bonny Brazen Louvens, the accused mistress. There's no doubt that Tania gets jealous of you." I was in the office when they let the new CEO be introduced personally to everyone. I was the last one to be presented and this is what I got from him, insulting words that are slicing my eardrums. I faked a grin on him that it hurts my cheeks.

"Sorry, sir, I think you're misinformed. I'm not a mistress." My smile fades and changes to a grim staring contest. He smirked and turned around to leave.

"Brazen, be careful. Mr. Duke has a wife who's very obsessed with his attention." My superior, Carla bows down to where I'm sitting and whispers to me.

I gave a satisfying smile showing my courage. "Hah! I'm going to resign, I'm done with this bullshit." My head shakes and glances at her. She froze and couldn't say a word.

...

"Good morning!" I greeted the guard and he opened the gate to let my car in the parking lot. This big company is different from where I came from. Aside from its location which was next to our city, it has a clean reputation and more on national distribution. It's modern, updated and easier to facilitate. The company is focused on family needs like clothing and toys for children and also furniture and fixtures unlike my previous company that's focused on liquor, tobacco and others which are bad habits.

My job is going to be lower than my previous position because I'm just a newcomer. They placed me under children toys as a manager where I will be leading my team to create ideas and try to come up with a prototype.

My supervisor took me a tour, introducing the departments that the company has, showing the buildings and what is inside of it. They have the warehouse, showroom etcetera.

It was a tiring day but I feel excited for the next day. Months passed and I easily adjusted to my new environment. I heard that the CEO position has been passed to another successor and the company will be gathered from different regions and we will be hosting his welcome party.

Because of my past, I might have had a phobia when talking about CEOs or presidents of companies. I got disinterested but because we are the host, I have no choice but to cooperate.

"He's single, Brazen. We will not be surprised if he gets interested in you." The women under my team started giggling while I shook my head and focused on my tasks.

"Miss Brazen is a Boss magnet." The others continue joking around while I play deaf. Everyone respects me and those jokes are not signs of disrespect, it's our normal way of having fun.