Thankful for your eyes (treebros)

(This is an au where you have one eye the color of your soulmates)
My name is Evan Hansen. I'm 20 and will probably never find my soulmate. Everyone else in the universe probably has, but not me. On the bright side there's been this wonderful person I've been talking to, Connor I've been talking to him for about a year.  He has heterochromia to, which means neither of us have found our soulmate.  I wish I could meet him but he's across the country.. but maybe one day we will, I smiled at the thought.
     A couple months pass and I have to go to work and act as if I'm happy to be there.  I work at the library the only issue is, I get anxious talking I don't know that well.. like I'll mess it up or something.  So I come in and my boss calls me into his office.
    "Hansen, I'm sorry but we have to let you go.." I stood there in shock. I had been saving so I could fly to Connor.. but now I'll never see him.
    "O-Ok" is what I stammer out trying not to cry as I leave. 
    Soon I go home and tell Connor what happened since he thought I'd come soon he responded with
     "Oh, well I'll give you a surprise to make you feel better." I responded a bit feeling better
     "Oki sounds cool" I smiled assuming he might send something.
     "It might take a bit. Also sorry I have to go"
     "oh ok that's ok bye.."
    "bye" the call ended. A month later I had this new job for 3 weeks and I was thankful. Maybe I would be able to see Connor after all.
    Soon my shift was over and I got a call and I smiled when I read Connor on the caller ID. So of course I answered happily
    "Hello"
    "Hey. Can you go to that park you like and send me a picture of your favorite tree?" I answered in confusion
    "Sure but why"
    "so I can feel like I'm almost there with you." He seemed excited which made me smile a bit.
    "Oh well I'll get there soon"so  I hopped in the car and soon got there. I got out and went to find my favorite tree it was an Oak sapling and it's my favorite because it's like the underdog of the other trees, and I found Connor there, I teared up happily.
    "Connor!" I smiled and sprinted to him with glee, he looked at me and I looked at him and soon our eye colors went to our natural color mine being blue his being brown.
    "Oh my god! We're soulmates." I was tearing up happily, Connor was as well. Connor smiled and kissed me on the head as we cuddled in that park thinking about what our future would hold for us.  15 years later we found out because now we had a 12 Year old son named Michael, and we are a very happy family.