Chapter 6: Love Games

"Deep in the Meadow, under the Willow, a bed of Grass, a soft, green Pillow"

 The audience watches, stifling tears  as Katniss Everdeen holds a dying Rue in her arms. Rue- the little girl from District 11.

     Chloe Grace Moretz sits near the back of the room during the first screening of 'The Hunger Games' at Loews Lincoln Square  Theater , in New York City. 

     The Theater is at capacity, with people from other  states having flew to NYC just for this occasion. The draw of this exact location being that both Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are expected to be in attendance tonight. So, naturally, everyone is hyped. 

      One scene flows into the next as the ending stretches of the movie begin.

        When both Katniss and Peeta threaten to eat the berries and are ultimately halted and crowned victors by the Games' Maker, the audience breathes a sigh of relief. It's been quite an emotionally charged two and a half hours.

A pissed off President Snow rears his ugly head, and the credits roll.

     Now begins everyone's mad dash to the Theater Lobby in an attempt to greet the Movie's Hero and Heroine in the flesh. Having met Jen and Josh before,  Chloe takes her time, far more enthralled with the various elaborate Tribute Costumes that the other movie-goers have dressed up in. 

    But taking it slow on her way to the lobby doesn't exempt Chloe from getting lost in the stampede of people before her. In an instant, the blonde  finds herself face to face with a teen boy in a hurry. He's dressed up as Peeta, though the blonde wig is obvious. Something about him looks familiar to her. "Hey. Chloe, right? Cool running into you here."

 She shoots him a sideways glare. "Do I know you?" 

"I'm Tye. Tye Sheridan. I've just started working with your friend Kaitlyn on a Movie. She's really awesome."

      The boy's expression turned into something like admiration as he spoke. It was almost as if he idolized Kaitlyn.  A light bulb went off in Chloe's mind. She did  remember  seeing him once  before on the set of their movie- what was it called-  'Grass Stains'? She came to drop off her best friend's phone after Kait had frantically texted that she'd left it at home. Chloe then made a quick trip to the Dever home, and then another to the set.  

Come to think of it, Tye had seemed quite enamored with his co-star that day as well.

Maybe, just maybe, it was him who outed  Kaitlyn and Molly to a press photographer.  

"Yeah, she is."  Chloe shifted her weight uncomfortably, trying to sound casual. "So, New York's pretty cool, huh?" 

"Eh, I recently wrapped filming here,  not to mention my dad works for  the Times,  so I come here a lot. After a while, it starts to feel like just another city, and the charm wears off."

Just then, in the chaos of the crowd, a young girl crashes into Tye, knocking him off of his feet.

A silver object falls out of his pocket. A digital camera.

Or  maybe Tye took the photo himself.

"It's sure insane here tonight. I didn't think it would be this crowded- it's like Sachs Fifth on Black Friday."

Chloe nodded, picking up the camera from the floor and handing it to him . "Nice model."

"Thanks. You know, even the latest iphone camera lens doesn't hold a candle to this baby." He holds it up proudly.

     "Compact Canon EOS Rebel T3I." The teen boy slides the camera back into his pants pocket. "If you ever tell anyone this, I'll deny it, but in my spare time I like to hike nature trails and take snap shots of the wildlife."

 "Your secret's safe with me." Chloe promises.

     Tye places his hand on her shoulder. "There's something thrilling about sneaking up on the animals, and catching them in their most intimate moments -when they think no one's watching- it's so raw and real." 

        At this, the young  boy looks straight into the eyes of the blonde girl as he continues speaking.  "Kind of like us. Celebrity lives are never private. Even when we think no one's watching,  someone's always there- itching to reveal our secrets."

 Well there's the fucking answer to that.

"Heh. Yeah." Chloe fidgets with the locket around her neck, and inches away from him, so that they're not touching. "Listen, it was nice chatting, but I really have to go."

And with that, the actress turns on her heel and exits the theater, hurrying toward her car.

________________________________________________________

    Three hours later, back in Los Angeles, Kaitlyn Dever  finds herself curled up in bed, in the arms of her girlfriend. And there's nowhere she'd rather be. Molly is incredibly stunning,  even in the dim light of her condo bedroom, she looks like a goddess.

And as the teen moves to plant soft kisses on her lover's neck, she sharply inhales the scent of Molly's perfume. 

"Babe, you know if we start now, we won't be able to stop." 

A devilish grin spreads across Kaitlyn's features "That's the whole point."

"You're such a horndog." Molly giggles.  "We should really start the movie now."

"Okay, Okay." Kaitlyn relents, slowly rising to grab her laptop and start the streaming.

Just then, her cell phone rings.

"Hey Kait, listen, we need to talk."

The brunette sighs. "Not the best time, Clo."

"Lemme guess, you're at her place again. Don't tell me I called while you two were-"  

The teen cuts her bestie off, mid sentence.  "Keep your shirt on, we're just live streaming 'The Hunger Games'  on my laptop. Speaking of that, how was the NY screening?"

"You'll never believe who I ran into at the theater." Chloe says, anxiously.

"Obama?" Kaitlyn mocked, playfully.

"Your buddy Tye Sheridan." Chloe exclaimed.

"He's not my buddy, I'm just working on a movie with him. And what does he have to do with anything?"

"Put me on speaker so Molly can hear too." The blonde directs.

"Okay, out with it, Chloe." The impatience in Kaitlyn's tone is becoming clearer as she shifts  on the edge of the bed. 

The couple isn't at all prepared for what comes next.

"I think Tye  is the one took the picture of you guys in New York."

___________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I know there's no real excuse, I've just been lazy lately. Hope you guys liked this chapter!

~Erica