Love Letters and Lost Heroes

“Hey four eyes,” I kept walking knowing if I looked back it would just get worse. “Where are you going Anastasia?” asked Lara innocently, “We’re all friends here.” She laughed and looked over her shoulder to the rest of them: Jake, knucklehead jock with about 5 brain cells, Eleanor second in command to Lara head cheer leader and all round school bitch and then there was Jordan, who never joined in but always seemed to have something to do on his phone when it came to me.

Jordan and I used to be so close best friends forever we would say, us against the world when my Dad then his left. But that all changed when he hit puberty, grew muscles and became an all-round hottie. Now he doesn’t have time for me, the dorky girl with glasses. But what hurts me more than the rest of them teasing me or laughing at me is him just standing there that tears my heart apart by the seams. 

I ran home backpack and coat flying out like a cape behind me. I stumbled through the door tears flowing freely now down my face, luckily my mom wasn’t home. I bounded up the stairs taking them two at a time and flung my bedroom door open and picked up the phone and dialled the only person I knew would make me feel better.