Kent

Kent and I laid in the bed talking, and I finally decided to check my phone.
"Fuck! Kent it's one in the morning! I was supposed to be home at 11pm. My mom is going to kill me." I yelled as I got up from the bed and started looking for my clothes.
See, I was sixteen and Kent was nineteen, so he didn't have to worry about his parents telling him to come home. He didn't even live with his parents anymore, him and his sister shared an apartment in the Bronx.
"Damn shorty, aight come on.. I'll take you home" he replied nonchalantly.
We walked out of the basement to leave out of the garage door and all of a sudden my phone started going off like crazy.
*Ding, Ding, Ding*
I looked at the screen of my cellphone and read the missed alerts
Missed Call Mom(7)
Missed call Ali(4)
Missed call (Shyla)
Missed call (Staci)

Text message: Ali: Nyla!!! Ur mom called me and was asking 4 u, where u at! Get ur ass home she is mad!

Text message: Shyla: Where u at? I asked if u was comin and u never responded and ur mom called me asking for u
The messed up part was my best friends didnt even know where I was because I didn't tell them. I looked at Kent, and realized he had been calling my name over and over.
"I can't go home, drop me at my friend Sams house. She lives right up the street from here, I'll explain everything in the car"
We arrived at my best friend Sams house, I looked over at Kent and gave him a kiss. "Bye I'll text you if I can" I chuckled.
" Aight" he replied.
I got out of the car and walked up Sams stairs to her house, when I almost got to the door she opened it and saw Kent drive away.
"Girl, I'm in deep shit" I said to her and I followed her upstairs to her room.
"What happened??" She asked, anxious to get the details.
"I didn't tell my mom I was going to be with Kent, I lied and told her I was going to Ali's house but I was supposed to be home at 11 and It's 1 in the morning and I had no service in the basement! And didn't get any text messages until I realized what time it was and left"
"Shit, girl! I would let you sleep over but you have to call your mom." Sam was the wise best friend, she gave the best advice even if it wasn't advice you wanted to hear.
"Fineee" I replied and began dialing my moms number.
"Hello" she picked up the phone, sounding very irritated.
"Hi mom I'm so sorry, my phone died and I just let time fly by, I'm at Sams house."
My mother was quiet, too quiet and I didn't like it.
"Matt's coming to pick you up, bye." She responded as she ended the call on me. I knew my ass was grass at this point. I looked up at Sam.
"She's not happy" I said.
Sam laughed "I bet." Then I started laughing too because even though I was scared Sam had a way of lightening up situations. Fifteen minutes later, my phone rang. It was Matt, I got up and went downstairs, Sam followed after me.
"Good luck" she said as she hugged me.
"Thanks girl, I'm going to need it." I replied
—————-
Here's an update guys, keep letting me know what you think! It motivates me! It would mean a lot if you Like, Comment, & Share!
Have any of you ever lied to your parents about where you're going? Drop your stories in the comments 😋
——————
When I got in the car, Matt just shook his head at me.
"You know your mom is pissed right?" He asked as he gave me the death stare. He had a way of making you feel so disappointed in yourself without even yelling.
"Yes" I murmured slouching in my seat, feeling ashamed.
"Nah, I don't think you do. She called the cops because she didn't know where you were and.."
"She called the cops? I shrieked accidentally cutting him off from his sentence. I knew I was a dead girl walking at this point.
"Yeah, and as soon as you get in that house you need to go apologize to your mother.
"Okay." I replied, that was all I could say.
Once we pulled into the driveway, I took my seatbelt off and got out of the car and braced myself because when my mother was mad, things could get ugly. I walked into the house and went straight upstairs to her room. I knocked on her door lightly, hoping she was sleeping.
"Come in." Her voice sounded so cold and mad and at that moment I knew she knew that it was me knocking on the door. I opened it.
"I'm sorry Mom, my phone died and I lost track of time, I was at Sams house." Now what I said wasn't a full lie, sure I wasn't with Sam, I was with Kent but I really didn't have any service or I would've answered her calls right away. If she knew I came home late because of a guy she would wrong my neck.
"Umhm. Close my door." She answered me in a tone that either meant she didn't believe me or she was too mad to even talk about it. I closed her door and walked away, glad that it wasn't much worse but sad that she was so angry with me. My mother didn't talk to me for a week or two after that. Little did I know, it wouldn't be the first time that I let Kent come in between my mother and I. Things only got worse.