Ignoring game

Chapter twenty:
IGNORING GAME

Emarald's POV:-

Monday morning, I woke up with a jolt which was half because of another crappy nightmare and half because I was late for school.

You tossed and turned all night, not sleeping till 3 in the morning, of course you were late.

Shut up, I don't need you right now.

I ran to the bathroom to do my daily routine much faster and wore the first piece of cloth I found in my closet which were luckily a black tank top, a dark blue hoodie that was perfect to swallow me whole in it, black Jeans and my black converse. I threw my hair in a messy bun while going downstairs in the kitchen to take a granola bar. Throwing my bag on my shoulders, taking my phone in one hand, I locked the main door and ran go school.

I reached there just when the bell to first period rang and I again ran to my locker to take my books. The hallway was almost empty and I could only see the hall monitors so I made my way towards my class speedily. I walked in as the teacher glared at me and made my way to the second last empty bench on the window side row.

When will she leave this school?

Concentrating when so much was on my mind was impossible so I ran my eyes on the rest of the students.

He wasn't here.

Must be late. But as much as I wanted to believe that, I couldn't. He didn't come late too and as the day went I got to know he wasn't at school at all today. Neither did he come the next day.

Wednesday, he came in limping with a black eye that was not that black now and was a little purplish brown and a bruised jaw in chemistry while I was all but yelling and jumping at him to tell me what happened.

What happened anyway? Did he fight? What happened Sunday night? I didn't ask. It wasn't anything about my ego but I wanted to smack his head so many times on the desk when he ignored me. Like not the 'We're in a class so we can't talk' but the 'I won't even look your way and if I do I'll just behave that I didn't' kind of ignoring.

So I too went on with the rest of the day but the urge to smash his head when he even ignored me in the hallways was ten folded and the number was increasing, I mean I didn't say anything that personal and if he did find it personal then he should have said so.

He didn't come to school on Thursday and Friday too, I tried to drop a message to ask him his whereabouts but whenever I wrote something I just erased it again and again. I tried not to pay that much heed about it by drowning myself in more and more work whole of Saturday. Sunday came and I did a face call to Ben while sitting cross-legged on my bed with a bowl of strawberry vanilla ice cream.

"Hey, big brother?" I sort of waved at him all the while balancing the ice-cream bowl on my lap.

"You're not sleeping again?" His tone was worried, he was also on his queen sized bed with an ice-cream bowl which I knew was filled with his favourite chocolate chip butterscotch ice cream that I despised.

"I try but I've been busy with school work lately."

"Liar. So, what's bothering you?" Rolling my eyes, I took a bite.

"Nothing is, stop worrying yourself." He shook his head in a disappointed manner. Drama queen.

"You know you can't lie to me so just give up the act and spill."

"Why are you so gay today?" Gay as in the happy kind not the 'I like boys' kind.

"Met a girl or a boy?" He mock glared at me at the last option.