Chapter 10: Ares

Chapter 9: Ares

“Wait what happened to Elliott?” I thought to myself.

I pulled out my phone as I materialized at the manor in Budapest. I walked in and saw  Jordan at a computer setup. He was video chatting with his girlfriend back in Australia. She never heard of his death, so they talked. She acted as if he was dead but they were in love.

“Hey Jordan,” I said as I walked in the door.

“What the fuck?” he said.

I walked into my designated room and slammed the door behind me, then locked it.

I dialled Selene’s number.

“Hello,” she answered.

“Selene, what happened to that…” she cut me off.

“WHAT THE HELL. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! YOU DON’T CALL ME IN 5 MONTHS AND YOU JUST CALL ME UP AND START ASKING ME QUESTIONS!” Selene vented.

“Five months? That can’t be possible. It has only been 5 hours. Wait time runs sow in Tartarus,” she cut me off again.

“TARTARUS?! SHIT! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO HELL AND BACK AND I DIDN’T THINK YOU MENT IT LITERALLY!” she vented again.

“Ok, settle. I need t talk to Talisha,” I calmed her.

“I think she is in bed with Daniel,” she replied.

“Ok, I don’t want to break up that smut fest so I will call back later,” I said before hanging up.

2 HOURS LATER

I dialled Talisha’s phone number.

It rang in her bedroom. Two lumps lay on her bed, covered in a sheet of light baby blue. Talisha awoke and sat up. She saw her phone across the room from her. She pulled the sheet up around her torso and walked over to the vibrating phone. She lifted it to her ear.

“Hello,” Talisha said groggily.

“Talisha its Josh, I need you to ask Daniel something. I need you to ask him what happened to Elliott,” I said quickly.

“Ok,” she said before hanging up.

She walked over to Daniel and woke him up.

“Hey, what happened to Elliott?” she asked his still sleepy eyes.

He looked wide-eyed at her.

“Why,” he asked.

Talisha reached into her underwear draw and pulled out a hand-gun. She aimed it at his head before continuing her questions.

“I asked you a question,” she said.

He looked at her, “He is in the storage deck, section B-12,” he gushed at her.

“Thank you,” she said.

She stormed from the room. She dialled my number back.

“Josh, I have him. We will be in interrogation room 3,” she told me simply.

“Thank you. By the way, bring some haloumi,” I said before hanging up.

3 HOURS LATER

Talisha sat in a brightly lit room. It had a door and a mirror that held three people behind it.

She placed a plate on that table and left the chamber. When she reached the room behind the mirror, the power went out, and with it, the lights.