Prologue

Hi guys this is my first book so I hope you all like it! Also, hi Imogen, Talisha, Bethany, Mikaela, Jade, Chloe Lindo, Elliott and Jordan happy reading!

Also when you see script inside <> it means it is a narration of a teenage boy. Ok here we GO!

<Death>

The figure of a teenage boy crouched on top of a train.

<Death is what engulfs us all eventually. And, it is what takes us from this life, into the void>

He drew an arrow from a quiver huddled over his back. He notched it into the bow, and drew it.

<But my job, is to take people to the void. One way...or the other>

His eyes shine in the moonlight as he looks up from the ground and peers into the window of a building that the train passed.

<Immortality, is what we were given as a gift from the Gods. An offering of sorts, through their blood>

A man sat at the end of a table in a brightly lit room surrounded by windows.

<This is my job>

"Gotcha," the boy whispered under his breath, he pulled the rope and tip of the arrow in between his index and middle fingers all the way to rest on the edge of his lips and cheek.

Breathing in, he eyed into the window.

<This is our destiny>

The man saw the boy, and as quickly as he could he turned and reached for the phone. "Big mistake," the boy thought. As he exhaled, he released his grip from the string and arrow. It hurled through the air like a bullet. Passing through the window, everyone in the room with him turned and screamed in shock. The arrow left barely a crack in it. As the man placed the phone to his ear and began to dial, the arrow pierced his temple and passed out the other side, leaving blood spattered across the wall and window behind him. The phone hung from the desk, swinging as blood dripped from the end.

A smile leaked across his lips as they gently parted in the middle.

He leaped from his crouch and broke into a sprint in the direction the train was travelling. The boy noticed a bridge coming awfully fast. He stopped dead in his tracks. He spun on his heels and landed on his back with his legs tucked away under his thighs and his arms flat on either side of his head. His faced turned to the side. As the the bridge passed the boy leaped up from his spot again and noticed yet another bridge came his way.

"Oh, come on!" the boy screamed showing his utmost hatred for this trains route.

He also noticed the river on the other side. He decided to devise a plan. He sprinted towards that second bridge and jumped. He somersaulted through the air, landed neatly with the balls of his feet on the railing on the other side of the bridge. In this position, he to pushed off into a swan dive and dove into the water.

<For we are THE FRATERNITY>

The only evidence left of his entrance into the water was the disturbed surface and ripples radiating from his impact.