one ➵

one ➵ zayn's part ➵

when zayn was two, his papa would throw him up in the air and catch him. smiling and going on and on about how zayn would grow up and be nice and strong.

when zayn was four, his papa tried teaching him football. of course, zayn fell a lot, but his papa was proud and played with zayn everyday.

when zayn was eight, he told his papa he didn't want to play football anymore. he told his papa that he wanted to join the art club.

when zayn was ten, his mama left. left zayn and his papa for another guy named daniel. but papa promised that they didn't need a mama, that all zayn needed was his papa.

when zayn was eleven, his papa said that only girls liked drama and art. his papa, who he trusted with all his heart, grabbed zayns frail wrist tight, making zayn cry out.

zayn was also eleven when he met liam.

liam was nice, really nice. and he had these soft brown eyes that reminded zayn of puppies. liam always let zayn spend the night whenever his papa was being mean.

but zayn never told liam about how his papa sometimes hit him, or pushed him. he figured some things were best left as secrets.

zayn was just happy to have liam. zayn was what most would consider a loner in school. even at the age of eleven, zayn knew he didn't fit in. he would sit alone at recess and lunch, just reading or drawing.

and every day, liam sat next to zayn. liam didn't like to read, but he still watched. zayn had never felt so happy except when liam was around.

it was like liam made zayns bruises and cuts go away, made him forget about his papa who was at home.

even at age eleven, zayn knew that liam was the one person that made him feel wanted.

---

story parts will get longer (:

this story will be updated on Saturdays!

-rylnn xx