nine ➵

nine ➵

"oh, erm.." Liam's face flushed red and he shrugged. "Dunno."

"oh." zayn mumbled, looking down at his feet.

liam nodded and bit his lip. "did you not like it? was it weird?" liam asked quietly.

zayn shook his head quickly, "no, no liam, i liked it." zayn blushed im

liam nodded shyly, a bit embarrassed of their conversation. he glanced down at his feet while zayn pulled his sweater sleeves down.

a few seconds, liam broke the silence.

"what're you reading?" he asked zayn.

"oh. its called impulse." zayn smiled, he love to talk about books, "it's really good."

liam smiled along with zayn. "maybe i'll read it sometime."

"yeah! you can borrow it when im done or-"

"liam!" a voice called, interrupting zayn and making him stop talking. both boys looked over to see a few boys from the football team walking over.

zayn quickly looked down at his hands and played with his fingers, wanting the boys to leave.

"you're still hanging out with the freshman, hm?" one boy (was his name jake? zayn could never tell them apart.) teased, scanning over zayn.

liam rolled his eyes, "what do you guys want?" liam looked to his "friends", not wanting to associate with them after what happened to zayn at the football party.

"we're having a halloween party tomorrow and you're invited, liam." jake (liam knew it was jake, zayn was still wondering which it was) told him, acting as if zayn wasn't even there. 

liam glanced at zayn, even though he was still pissed at a few of his team mates, a party did sound like fun- a lot of fun. last years party was insane and liam really didn't want to miss this one. but liam also didn't want to leave zayn alone tomorrow night, knowing that he had no one else to be with after school. 

zayn noticed how liam seemed torn, and as much as zayn wanted liam all to himself, he really did not want to be the buzz-kill that keeps liam from being with anyone else. "you can go, lee, it's fine." he whispered, nudging liam's side. 

jake exaggerated a sigh as he stared at liam. "well?"

liam brushed his hand past zayn's thigh, a small gesture that the other boys missed but zayn felt, as he answered, "i'll go if zayn can too." 

jake groaned loudly and the other two players huffed, glaring at jake as if to tell him not to let zayn go.

"fine, whatever, he can come." jake rolled his eyes.

zayn's eyes widen, he didn't want to go, he was terrified of what might happen, especially since he was extremely unwanted. 

liam smiled, "alright, well we'll be there. thanks guys."

"my house at three, after school." jake mumbled, walking away with the other footie players. 

zayn pushed liam lightly, glaring up at him. "why did you say i wanted to go!?"

liam shrugged, "i just figured you didn't want to be alone, and it's just a party, zee. it'll be fun!"

zayn sighed and looked down at his lap. "i guess so." he whispered. the first bell rang, signaling the students to go to class. liam walked zayn to his first period and touched zayn's side.