Summon for Love

Unedited

Sharena sat at your side, kicking her legs in the open air. You both were sitting in a tree, but certainly not K-I-S-S-I-N-G. After Alfonse and Fjorm got married the little sister felt outcasted and had been clinging to you. You didn't mind at all. She was adorable and you loved her like an older sibling ought to. The moon was gone, the phase being brand new, and the stars twinkled above you two. If you both were romantic, then this would be perfect. But sometimes platonic best friends have to steal the good romance scenes, ya know? Because modern media can't accept two characters just being friends anymore.

"So Sher, gossip time. Have you ever fallen in love with a hero before?"

Because these are the kinds of questions best friends ask eachother late at night. You looked over and saw Sharena looking away with a beet red face. Yep, she definitely did. It made you wondered who it was. Knowing Sharena, it's a girl. She's a huge lesbian and everyone knows it, but she doesn't wanna admit it. Especially to her painfully oblivious older brother. She sighed and looked up at the moon.

"Remember that pink haired girl who's Surtr's daughter who died by giving herself up to the flame? I wanted to take her into a hug and save her from the fire. I always looked forward to her ambushing us again so I could talk to her, but she'd never listen. I don't even know her name but I fell in love."

Laevatein? Can't you summon her now? Yeah, you thing the Múspell general's are now summonable heroes and you can save them now. Laevatein is a sword unit, and you have enough orbs to go for a few rounds. Maybe you can give Sharena to save her and give her a better life. You wait for her to look at you after a long pause of a silence. Her emerald eyes shine under the moonlight. Laevatein is a lucky girl. She better treat your bestie right after you summon her.

"Then let's get her."

You pull out the summoning gun and a giant sack of orbs. Sharena gasps And reaches over to hug you before jumping down from the tree. You follow her and extrange five orbs to get a color within the gun that the author forgot the name to and didn't bother to goggle. Yes! Red! Thank you Lady Luck! You select the banner and go right to summoning, since we clearly can't use the world 'straight' here. Sharena was jumping up and down, excited.

"Come on! Summon her! I wanna meet her so bad!"

You snicker and shoot the gun. A portal rips open and a puff of smoke goes out. That means a four star rarity or higher. With a flash of blue light, a shilouette could be seen. Oh dang, whaddya know? Laevatein is shown to be there with her sword and stoic face and everything. With a breath of a sigh she looks over at Sharena, who is gushing and fangirling all the while. She cracks a smile and says her default summon line because this is still Fire Emblem heroes after all. Besides, Sharena needs to learn her name.

"I am Laevatein of Múspell, the blade that cuts when commanded. Will you give the order?"

You shake your head and point to Sharena. She's the one who's gonna be giving the orders around here. And those aren't even orders. Just friendly requests and offers. The swordswoman got the gist and walked over to the blonde princess of Askr. Right away, the two started a lighthearted conversation. They introduced themselves and you smiled. Sharena seemed extremely happy. This is exactly why we summon for love and friendship In this household.

That's when you noticed another gleam of red within the sacred weapon. Did you buy two orbs by accident? Did you get two reds? Either way, you shrug and decide to go with it. You don't mind an extra summon. That's one more friend to bring into the family. Everyone has a place here. Maybe you can even get a Raigh to give him the final SP he needs for the build you're using. You made the entire Nino family and it's super great!

"Sher, you take Laevatein around the Order of Heroes House and get her settled in. I'm going to summon one more time."

Sharena gave you a thumbs up and grabbed her arm, dragging her away in the grand order of heroes tour. You smiled and watched her off and watched Laevatein happily follow her. They're so cute together. If only there were more fanarts and fanfics. Oh well. You shot the gun and the portal came, puffing out a ring of smoke. But there was something off. The puff of smoke was red. That's never happened before. With curiosity, you watched the shilouette fade and watched that whimsical oddball smile that belonged to Henry make its presence known.

"Nya ha! Looks like I've been summoned! By the looks of it, you're a very interesting person (name)! Point me in the direction, and all will be dead!"

That's scary. How did he know your name? And why was his greeting different than normal? You shook off the creepy factor, knowing Henry's charscter inside and out. You did some research on his Eastern Localization and classic character to get a better analysis on him. Why? Because someone called him creepy and hated him because he's just a comic relief and you had to prove them wrong. You smiled at Henry, sticking out a hand to welcome him. It was then didnyou notice the differences in his outfit, equipment, and stats. That can be explained later.

"Alright, Henry. Welcome to the family. I'd be happy to introduce you to everyone and help you find people to love you."

Henry paused for a moment, eerily smiling. Then he opened his eyes out of nowhere. He didn't say anything, but you noticed that his eyes are bloodshot red. He wore grime all tattoos on the backs of his hands and his book had the symbol too. His outfit was adorned with different shiny silver and gold pins and he looked more like a sorcerer than a dark mage. His stats were also stacked in attack, resistance, and defense. However his speed and health were garbage. His tome was one you've never seen before. You'd have to ask to see it. Oh yeah, plot. He stared into your eyes creepily with crimson red hue painted in them like a bloodstain.

"Family? For me? Nya ha! You really are a funny person, (name). If you haven't noticed, I'm not  normal. It'd actually be best if you just ignored me like Mama and Papa. After all... I'm a dangerous child."

His backstory. Direct reference. You frowned. Whatever happened to this Henry in his timeline must have traumatized him even further. You weren't going to stand for this. Everybody deserves to be loved by someone and everyone can be good if they just try. You don't care what happened. You were going to find out and you were going to be best friends with Henry! No matter what! Why? Because we summon for love in this household! You grab his wrist just as he was turning to walk away. Sorry buddy, not happening.

"Sorry, but no. I don't care if you're not normal. I am going to make you feel loved and at home here for as long as you are in this Order of Heroes. Now come on, let's go introduce you to everybody else."

Henry stared at you for a really long time, not bothering to close his eyes like normal. It almost looked like he was going to cry. He almost dropped his smile. However, he did keep its up and close his eyes again after a while. Once he did that, you slid your hand from his wrist down into his. He looked like he needed a hand to hold. It appeared that he went back to his happy, childlike persona.

"Okay, whatever you say (name)."

It made you wonder... what happened to him?

1342 Words