Chapter 10: The craved bond

Jeongyeon's POV

Ugh! I've been in this damn house for a week and it's so fucking boring! I wonder how she is...

'Damn, Jeong. After spending years of planning how to see her... you got yourself into a house arrest'

I flopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

*knock knock*

I sat up and waited for the person to get in.

'You still good?' It's my sister. She sat on my bed while staring at me with those worried eyes.

'You really think I am? Dad is literally out there hunting people that are important to me' i scoffed.

'She came earlier....' I looked at her. 'But of course, the guards didn't let her in' I looked down as she said that.

'Jeong... dad's in the hospital...' My eyes widened as she said that but I tried my best not to look worried. After all what he did to my life? Hell no.

'What? Did god finally decided to punish him?' I scoffed even though I'm feeling worried.

'He wishes to see you...' she grabbed my hand that was holding my knee. 'He...that was the last thing dad wanted'

I looked at her and sighed.

——-

I slowly went in to the room where my dad was staying. My mom and him noticed me. I saw him crept a smile on his face.

'Jeong, my daught—'

'What do you want?'

I didn't let him finish. I don't want to hear any of his apologies. Never.

I saw him looked shock and saw how his happy face turned into a frown.

'Why, why. Sit.' He commanded. Going back to how he usually talks to me.

I sat down on the other side of the bed, facing my mom who stood up to leave us two alone in the room.

'You enjoying your house arrest?' He mockingly asked. I glared at him.

'Very much' please note the sarcasm.'why are you here? Did the heavens finally punished you?' I asked sarcastically.

He let out a chuckle to maybe purposely annoy me. 'Who knows. Maybe the heavens wants me up there now'

'Cut the crap, old man. What do you want?'

'Still as bratty as ever, huh. I really want to smack you back to your mom's vagina'

'Like father, like daughter I guess'

The room was covered in silence. Until I finally had the courage to ask whatever I've been wanting to ask him all these years,

'Why did you do it?'

'Hmm?'

'Why are you hunting my friends? Why are you targeting Jihyo?' I asked, tryinng to calm myself down as possible.

He first let out a soft laugh taht made me feel curious.

'To protect them' he uttered. I felt even more confused and curious.

'Jeong. Yoo Empire is a big empire, I'm sure you know that.' He stated and I eagerly listened as I get more interested. 'I found out, there are pests going around the empire by the time you became the new president. I caught one of them and he said his boss made him do it...' He continued. 'Wanna know who the rascal's boss was?' He smiled at me. I don't know if that's something to smile for but yeah.