Chapter Eleven

Author's Note: Changed the story rating to R due to this chapter and the next chapter containing detailed mature content. &*

The first snow of the winter fell from the sky around Johanna and Elliot as they stood next to each other on the tenth-floor rooftop bar of the restaurant where they had finally been able to enjoy a night together. The two were leaning forward on the railing that overlooked the hectic New York City street below them. Though the temperature was frigid and low, an empty bottle of wine left behind at their dinner table proved to keep their blood warm and their judgment clouded throughout the night.

Johanna's thin frame was clad in a red dress that stopped at her mid-thigh, one she knew would drive Elliot wild, covered by a black coat. For warmth, black tights covered her legs and a black girly beanie covered the top of her head and ears. Elliot was dressed equally as formal, wearing a black button down shirt with a light blue tie and his usual black slacks. His outfit was covered by a black coat as well.

Their long-awaited date night had gone by without a hitch on the Saturday night after Thanksgiving as they enjoyed a great dinner together, an entire bottle of expensive wine, then made their way to the rooftop, allowing the night to end perfectly with the snowfall.

"I loved snow days when I was a kid," Elliot stated, watching the white flurries fall, thinking back to his youth.

"I still love snow days," Johanna replied.

Elliot was reminded of her carefree youth again, remembering one of the reasons why he was slowly becoming enamored with her. The days of his youth were in his past, but hers were in her present. He looked over at her, noting how brightly green her eyes seemed in the snow as they glanced upward at the clouds and how her long eyelashes batted against one another when she blinked. Little specks of white snow were trapped in her dark red hair that fell around her face effortlessly.

"What?" She wondered, feeling his eyes on her. Her cheeks slowly flushed a rosy color.

"You're stunning," he told her. There's that liquid courage again.

"Stop," she smiled, turning away shyly.

"You are," he reassured her. "I don't think I've ever told you that, but I'm thinking it every time I look at you."

She looked back at him to see a gentle expression on his face. He was looking at her so adoringly. She felt a pang of nervousness in her stomach, realizing how much she was starting to like Elliot. She wasn't opposed to the feeling, but it made her anxious to think that one day she might not be able to live her life without him.

"You look scared," he commented softly.

"I am," she admitted, looking into his eyes for any sort of sign or answer to calm her fleeting nerves.

"Don't be," he whispered, leaning over to kiss her cheek.

Butterflies went crazy in her stomach, making her knees weak. She let the bubbling feeling of lust overwhelm her body. She let happiness replace her nervousness. Or maybe it was the bottle of wine they shared that was letting the emotions flood her bones.

"Let's get out of here," she suggested.

"Are you ready to go home?" He wondered.

"Yeah," she answered with a flirty smile. "But you're coming with me."

~

Johanna giggled when Elliot hoisted her up onto his back in the middle of the snowy sidewalk. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he hooked his arms under her knees to hold her in place as he gave her a piggyback ride on their trek back to her apartment. The wine she had consumed earlier left her with little reservations about her rear end almost being exposed in the cold air.