Chapter Twelve

It was the smell of bacon that pulled Elliot out of unconsciousness the next morning. His mind slowly woke and his eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the blinding light of the sun blaring through the window. He wasn't familiar with his surroundings, though he figured he was in Johanna's room, immediately recalling the events that had taken place only hours prior.

He rolled over and saw the empty spot that Johanna left when she climbed out of bed earlier. In her place was his navy blue NYPD sweatpants that she had worn when she spent the night at his house; she left them for him in case he was cold when he woke up.

He stood up and pulled the pants over his naked legs and waist then started the search for his lover and the bacon he smelled.

He opened the bedroom door, which led him directly to the living room where he heard music. From there, he could see Johanna standing in the kitchen at the stove with her back to him, swaying gently to the soft music playing. She was wearing his white undershirt that hung on her small body loosely as she cooked a variety of scrambled eggs and bacon. He smiled when he saw the bottom of her bare butt peeking out from the edge of his shirt. She was the sweetest thing he had ever seen.

He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms lowly around her waist, slightly startling her as she hadn't heard him over the music.

"Good morning," Elliot muttered sleepily, kissing the back of her neck lovingly.

"Hey, you," Johanna replied, smiling, as she used a spatula to shuffle the breakfast foods around in a pan.

She turned off the heat of the stove, satisfied at the results of her cooking, then turned around to face Elliot. She wrapped her arms around his bare shoulders and smiled at his sleepy face.

"Jeez, you're adorable as hell in the morning," she cooed, loving the sleepy eyes, scruffy beard, and disheveled look he had.

"Mmm," he sighed, pressing his lips to hers and placing his hands on her waist. She kissed him back softly, adoring the way he tasted in the morning, running her fingers up and down the back of his neck and through the edge of his hairline.

Whether it was due to it being morning time or due to sheer arousal or both, Elliot stiffened quickly in his sweatpants. Johanna pushed her hips forward, putting pressure on his pulsating dick. He moved her to the side, not wanting her to burn herself against the stove, then pushed her back against the counter, deepening their kiss. He dragged his hands up her sides, pulling her shirt up and exposing her pinkness. He used one hand to hold her shirt in place and slipped his other hand between her legs, massaging her teasingly.

She broke their kiss and threw her head back in pleasure, letting Elliot work her over into a frenzy of wetness again. He managed to slip two fingers up into her warmth, feeling a slippery sign that his efforts were so far successful. He rubbed her clit and kneaded his fingers in a simultaneous rhythm, and Johanna's breathing grew heavy – she knew she wouldn't last much longer.

When Elliot felt her muscles tense around his fingers, he pressed his lips to hers again. She tightened her grasp around his neck and moaned loudly into his mouth. Elliot massaged her a little faster and her hips immediately began to jerk forward as she came against his hand.

After taking a moment to come down from her erotic high, Johanna relaxed on her feet and wasted no time spinning around and shoving Elliot against the counter. She dropped to her knees and pulled Elliot's pants down, letting them drop to his ankles, exposing his hardness. She ran her tongue from the base of his shaft to his tip then swirled her tongue around his head, making him groan in ecstasy.

She wrapped her mouth around him firmly, appreciating his large size, then glanced up and locked eyes with him before bobbing her head up and down on him. She placed both her hands behind him on his butt to hold him still as she worked him over like he had done to her.

"Fuck," he groaned, throwing his head back and putting his hands against the counter behind him to steady himself.

She moaned when she took his entire length in her mouth, causing waves from her vocal cords to vibrate on his thick head, which made his eyes roll into the back of his head. She wrapped a hand around his dick, sliding it up and down with her lips. When she rolled her tongue in rhythm with her mouth, he looked down at her, watching her, thinking how that nothing could possibly be sexier. He couldn't take it anymore. He threw back his head again and released into her mouth, grunting and feeling the familiar waves of pleasure flow through his body once again.

Their morning in her kitchen was much better and much more satisfying than the breakfast she had initially planned for them.

~

The snow had begun to fall again as Johanna sat with her bare legs stretched across Elliot's, which were covered in his sweatpants as he sat shirtless on her couch. He had one hand resting on her thigh and a coffee mug occupying his other hand as she held her mug with both of her hands. Her apartment was quiet and dark, as the power had gone out ten minutes earlier, just as they were finished eating the lukewarm eggs and bacon Johanna had cooked.

They sat comfortably in silence, enjoying their morning coffee and each other's presence, as they watched the snow fall, both still semi-high from their blissful endeavors against the kitchen counter and subsequent repeat of the night before on top of her kitchen table after.

Johanna observed Elliot, watching him as he stared out the window. She had never dated a man before, she realized. She had dated and slept with plenty enough boys, but never a man like him scruffy five o'clock shadow on his face, the hair that lined his chest and abdomen, the way he knew how to work her over in the bedroom, pleasing her before he allowed himself to be pleased. He was a man. A real man. But it wasn't just his sexual experiences; it was his life experiences too. Being a marine, then a cop, then a husband, then a father.

He looked lost in thought, as she had been.

"What are you thinking about?" Johanna wondered, wanting to know where his head was at.

"My oldest daughter," he admitted, still looking out the window. "She was always so excited for snow days, dragging her little sister outside to build snowmen and make snow angels. I was just wondering if she was out playing in it right now or if she thinks she's too cool to do stuff like that anymore. She's thirteen now, so she's getting to that age."

"Teenage daughters are tough," she said. "I know, I used to be one."

He laughed, realizing it wasn't that long ago that she herself was a teenage daughter.

"I just wish I could make her realize that growing up is not all that it's cracked up to be," he admitted. "I want her to realize that she is going to miss being a kid so much when she has to be an adult, so I want her to cherish her childhood while she still can and not take herself so seriously."

"Well did you realize that when your parents used to tell you that?" She tested.

"Not even a little," he answered honestly.

"Exactly. Wanting to grow up too fast is part of being a kid," she said. "So if you're wanting her to still be a kid, I think she's right on track."

"Wow," Elliot sighed. "You're exactly right."

He loved the insight and wisdom she had. She was young enough and old enough to relate to both sides of the situation, and she managed to teach Elliot a lesson about teenagers and parenting.

"I know," she smirked.

He laughed and rubbed her thigh lovingly, taking a sip of his coffee. He knew he could get used to mornings like this.