The truth

"Hey does anyone know if Yaomomo and the others are back yet?" moaned Mina. They had left to fight a villan gang the day before and now that they still weren't back everyone was beginning to worry.

"I saw All Might earlier... but he was alone" replied Kaminari

"So they're back... right? But where's Momo, Todoroki and Deku?" spoke a worried Uraraka

"Ehh who cares they'll be fine. Let's be serious Icey-hot and Deku have gone so it'll be fine" retorted Bakugo, getting more annoyed at the topic of conversation

"Yes i agree with Bakugo, they are most likely fine, so let's quiet down and wait for Aizawa sensei to arrive" commanded Iida

As if on cue, Aizawa walked in. He seemed more solemn than normal, not to mention he didn't have his sleeping bag with him. He walked to the top of the class, and waited for his students to be silent. He took in a deep breath, and let it out slowly, he really didn't want to deliver this news.

"Yesterday at 1pm All Might and 3 of his students went into battle... this morning All Might and... 2 of his students returned. Im very sorry to have... to tell you all this. However unfortunately... M-midoriya Izuku is dead." Aizawa had done it, though his voice became quiet towards the end, he wasn't sure if they had all heard it.

" Excuse me sir please say that last bit again" chimed Hagakure, she wasn't entirely sure but she was pretty sure she had heard it wrong.

"Midoriya I-izuku is... dead" he said louder this time, and everyone heard. His class burst into a fray some crying some just staring blankly.

"C-come on sir... i know your sense of humour sucks but..." Said Kirishima his eye's filling with tears, it's still manly to cry.

One particular student seemed to completely dissappear from the room. Bakugo Katsuki. He was mortified, true he had always been a dick towards Izuku but he still meant a lot to him. He zoned out into the past, thinking of all the good memories and bad ones. All the times they shared katsudon with Auntie Inko, the time they spent at the park playing heros. The time Bakugo told him he was worthless. It hurt and Bakugo just didn't know why. Before he knew it he too was crying.

Uraraka and Iida had become very close with Izuku, they had planed to go places, to share their futures with one another. How couldd they do that without their leader, the person who always, always cheered them up. Who's smiles put the sun to shame, who's hair could never be tamed... who's spirit could never be broken. Tears fell like waterfalls from Urarakas eyes, clasping Iida as though he might go too. Iida was trying to stay composed, he let his tears run but never stopped looking out for each of his classmates in that moment of despair.

Just then Todoroki and Momo walked in, each with small plasters and some bandages. Everyone stopped for a moment to look at them.

'At least it wasn't all 3 of them' thought Aizawa

And to everyones surprise, Aizawa walked up to Todoroki and Yaoyorozu and hugged them. He pulled them in tight, let them cry into his arms and let some of his own tears free too.

Class 1-A would never be the same, but this was just the beginning.

(a/n: oh my Hello good fellows how art thou upon this fairest of days

ok you can stab me now I'll understand why)