Scene 5 Take 1

"I will," I respond determinedly, jumping out of the couch as I hover my index finger over Sabrina's chest. "Even if it means I have to fake date you and trick all the idiots in the world to love us both."

The blonde chuckles at my remark, tilting her head slightly with the cutest smile as she takes a hold of my hand.

"Well, I'm glad I'm able to do it with you."

END OF SCENE 4

-

INT- BEDROOM, MORNING

r.

     Shit.

Here I was again, overthinking every single encounter I've ever had with the girl that I was unable to get out of my head, no matter how desperately I tried to convince myself that I couldn't care any less about
her and her tiring antics towards me.
Yet, despite me laying in bed, under the safety of my covers for an incomprehensible amount of hours in an unshakable daze, I continued wallowing in my thoughts as the scene proceeded to play on a loop in my head;

"Well, I'm glad I'm able to do it with you."

     I practically felt the blush rising to my cheeks once again, shades darker than the one I attempted to hide meekly once her captivating smile stunned me into silence, her hand slowly yet all-too-casually intertwining with mine. All I remember in that moment (if we even both mutually saw it the same way) is how much I yearned more out of us; our newly-defined relationship with a strange situation to sustain it with.

     And maybe, just maybe, I might consider keeping that small slither of hope with me this time around.

INT- AGENCY, MORNING

"Glad you could make it, Rowan."

"I'm pretty sure I'm legally obligated to show up at least 3 times a week," I roll my eyes at Amanda, who was currently giving me a meek, apologetic look for making me show up— once again— to another one of her tiresome meeting at the crack of dawn. I didn't blame her for being on edge though. After all, I'm the person who has her entire career on the line.

"Apple?" She offers, tossing the fruit in my direction. I catch it (with not much grace) taking a small bite and exaggerate a moan.

"You sure know the way to my heart," I remark sarcastically.

All of a sudden, Sabrina barges into the small room while scanning it in suspicion as both Amanda and I watch with a puzzled look etched on our faces.

"What's up, Rowan and Rowan's agent..." The blonde greets, slight confusion laced in her tone.

She looks back at us a couple seconds later, a look of relief crossing her. "Oh. Sorry, thought you were filming a porno for a sec there." She plops down on the sofa next to me and, in one swift motion, snatches the apple from my hand and takes a huge bite out of it. I stare at her in disbelief as she happily munches on the core of the apple and carelessly deposits the remains of the fruit back onto my frozen hand in just a few seconds.

"...What?" Sabrina questions defensively, "Your agent called me here at the crack of dawn... that's literally the time I go to sleep." My lips form into a tight line, nodding in understanding as we both turn to glare at the curly haired woman scoffing behind her desk in unison.

"Well, at least you two have the old, bantering married couple vibe going on," She pauses, quickly pulling a pen out seemingly out of thin air from her short afro as she begins to scribble down a couple of rushed notes before squinting her eyes at the both of us. "Rowan, give me your hand."

"Oh my God, babe. don't you think it's a bit too soon for marriage?" I tease, extending my hand out just out of her reach. She sighs in exasperation, mumbling under her breath as she continues to jot down more incomprehensible words on the other side of the scrap sheet of paper.

"Sabrina, your turn."

The blonde does as told, showing off her newest manicure in the process with enticing hand motions. Amanda simply observes despite the other girl's antics, once again, scribbling some final notes until she finally clicks the top of her pen, the tip retracting back into the socket.

After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, I finally speak up. "So...got something to tell us?"

Amanda nods, "Rowan definitely tops."

     As if on cue, Sabrina and I both look at each other with mortified, disgusted looks reflected on our faces as we instantly scoot away from one another. Amanda lets out a snort, shaking her head at our dramatic tendencies as if she didn't just imply we would have sex together.

"Please don't tell me I have to film a sex tape with her for PR..." The blonde chokes out, and I could tell she was regretting every single decision she has made just by that wide-eyed look frozen in place.
     A mischievous glint starts to form in Amanda's eyes, and I'd be lying if it didn't startle me to the core. I could almost hear the gulp the girl next to me swallowed down in that instant.

"Kidding! Kidding.." Her eyes slowly go back to their naturally dull state as her small chuckles fill the atmosphere in the room. "Actually, I called you both here to officially make you two a couple!"

"Yay." Sabrina cheers with fake enthusiasm, receiving a small laugh from me.

"Now that's the energy that's going to fool America." I remark sarcastically.

     The blonde squints her eyes as she sticks her tongue out, standing up as she makes her way over to Amanda's desk. Snatching the sheet of paper from right in front of the brunette, Sabrina skims over the numerous notes with her brows maintaining furrowed.
     I follow suit after a couple minutes of silence, easily peering over the shorter girl's shoulder as I take in the ridiculous plan Amanda has put in place that she has expected us to follow.

"..Do we have to?" Sabrina pouts with an unsatisfied look.

"Well, I don't want to end up in the brink of poverty thanks sexist casting directors. So get to posting."

"Damn. Okay." We both say in unison, the blonde immediately pulling out her phone as she attempts to create some sort of lovey-dovey post on her social media. I can practically see the gears turning in her head as she contemplates about a post that's subtle enough and vague enough to work around.
The imaginary lightbulb goes off in her head just a few seconds later: quickly typing, screenshotting, and posting in one swift movement. Taking that as an indication to do my part, I log into my own instagram and see a simple, decent enough post to work around.

Instagram:

19,543 likes

19,543 likes

sabrinacarpenter nice tunez.

rowanblanchard huh, thats weird- i was just listening to that song. guess we have the same taste in music