Scene 5 Take 2

The imaginary lightbulb goes off in her head just a few seconds later: quickly typing, screenshotting, and posting in one swift movement. Taking that as an indication to do my part, I log into my own instagram and see a simple, decent enough post to work around.

Instagram:

19,543 likes

19,543 likes

sabrinacarpenter nice tunez.

rowanblanchard huh, thats weird- i was just listening to that song. guess we have the same taste in music

-

INT- AGENCY, MORNING

r.

Bzz

Bzz

Bzz

Bzz
Bzz

Bzz

Bzz
   Bzz
Bzz
                          Bzz

"Turn—"

Bzz.

"-Off your phones—"

Bzz.

"-Before I—

Bzz.

"-SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR THROATS."

Bzz.

One dirty glare thrown in our direction, followed with that very...unsettling threat, was all we needed before the two of us hastily silenced our phones from the pestering notifications begging to be read and replied to. A self satisfied smirk crosses Amanda's lips, mainly because of our current mortified state, and she begins to check her own phone as she scrolls through the, presumably, thousands of comments rolling in by the second.

"Damn, who knew lying would get you this popular? We should have done this so much sooner." She looks up at us briefly with a broad smile before scowling at our disapproving faces. "I'm just kidding," she rolls her eyes, "Can't do anything with teenagers these days.." Amanda mumbles the last part, setting her phone onto her desk as she pulls out some kind of binder from under it and begins to flip through speedily.

"Wait..are we allowed to look through the comments or something?" Sabrina questions over the annoying rustling sound of the pages my manager was producing.

"Yeah whatever," she answers subconsciously, "But DO NOT— I cannot stress this enough—respond to any of them."

"Subtly is key," I add half-mockingly.