5. From the Shadows

The trip to the city was short and overall uneventful, though at one point, Jimin complained to Namjoon (and anybody who'd listen) that Jungkook was being mean because he was pushing Jimin around. Also, Jin lost his knife briefly only to bicker the rest of the way with a snickering Jungkook who had hidden it in his pocket.

Once the ragtag party arrived in the city, they unanimously up. Yoongi dashed to the nearest inn, Namjoon got distracted by what sounded like a public debate in the plaza, and Jin realized they had nothing to eat and went to the market. Jimin and Jungkook naturally tagged along with Jin, as the three weren't done bickering with each other.

"Samples! Come get your samples! One per family!" Upon hearing this, the quarreling instantly stopped, and Jin lined up to procure a sample of roasted pork for the boys. He fed them both little bite-sized pieces.

"Yummmm!" Jimin exclaimed.

"Can we get some? Can we?" Jungkook begged.

"Alright," Jin assured them, but since the vendor happened to be a gruff-looking male who was not charmed by Jin's humor or looks, he had to settle for inexpensive pieces of dried pork jerky.

"Oh! Bread! Bread! We need some of these." Jungkook dashed over to a bakery stand.

"What about fruit??" Jimin exclaimed from across the road at another stand.

Although the boys could be quite the handful, Jin spent the rest of the shopping trip happily filling up on samples and ingredients for them. As they were getting ready to leave, Jin spotted a distinct face in the crowd. A hooded boy in a headband and a long, dark coat with a large collar was watching them. Noticing that he'd been spotted, the mysterious figure confidently walked up to them and removed his hood. His hair was long in the back, and he had light-colored eyes.

"Hello! How are you? I'm Taehyung," the boy chimed in a deep but cheery voice.

Jimin waved without hesitation, and from behind him, Jungkook stared at the stranger with mouth agape. Jin spoke up, confused, "Aren't you supposed to be like.. A thief? All sneaky and whatnot? What are you doing just walking up to us like that?"

"Ahh..." Taehyung looked embarrassed. "Well, I thought you wanted to be friends? You were staring at me... maybe because of my looks?" He grinned with his lips in a rectangle and his teeth showing.

Jin fired back, "Don't count on it. It's obvious you were staring at me because of my looks."

Jimin piped up, "Hey... is he the guy? Taehyung, would you happen to know who we are looking for?"

"Hmm, maybe? I have many friends! What are your names?" Taehyung looked over to Jungkook, expectantly.

"I'm Jimin!" He butt in before Jungkook could speak. "This is Bunny."

"I'm Jungkook..."

"I'm Jin. So, can you help us?"

Taehyung clapped. "Ah, I'm so happy to meet new friends. So, who are you looking for?"

Jin replied, "Namjoon said he was the 'boss'... and he lives in a cave...?"

Taehyung nodded. "Ahhh. Him. I've heard about him. And... " He leaned in close, then whispered in Jungkook's ears loud enough for them all to hear, "I know where he is."

"Perfect!" said Jimin, "Let's take him to Namjoon and Yoongi."

"More friends?" Taehyung grinned.

◕ ◕ ◕